Fusion Core Management Mod

ShadowReaper31

My idea for a mod which if anyone could make would be amazing is this.

We all have an inventory full of partially filled fusion cores right? and this really screws with survival players who are counting every pound of equipment and ammo.

What would be cool is something to craft in a settlement which allows you to input Fusion Cores, drain them into a buffer, and then output that buffer to fill a fusion core completely so that they stack in the inventory.

Basically a way to combine combine several partially filled cores in order to create a single filled one.

Had a look around and didn't see anything similar to this so thought I'd post it here. I plan on starting modding however this seems like a big task for someone with no experience.

Many thanks in advance

• 1 year later...

Would definitely appreciate this, even if only to remove the scrolling needed when travelling with power armor and a laser gatling. I carry about a dozen cores with me in survival mode (juuuuuust in case) so having a way to "optimize" my partial cores would be good. Maybe a piece of equipment that just holds several cores at once and then counts their total charge to distribute it between them or something. A "fusion backpack" would be a clever alternative to backpacks that just improve carry cap, so you have a strategic choice when choosing what pack to wear. OOH! even better! a Power armor mod that lets the armor hold several cores at once! And makes an even BIGGER explosion if it ruptures! EPIC.

• 2 years later...

How about a tweak that would make the game load used fusion cores before choosing a full one? We use up the half-empty bottle of orange juice before opening a new one in real life. Why can't we do this with fusion cores in a video game?

I like the idea. However I would venture to suggest expanding on the idea. For example fusion core research and design. For example, Some of my ideas are thus. Depleted Fusion core shells for new fusion cores. That you can charge at a docking station. Fusion core mk 2. a fusion core that weighs 4/5ths as much and drains 5% slower. Fusion core mk 3. 3/5ths the weight of a fusion core and drains 10% slower. Fusion core mk 4 weighs 2/5ths as much and 15% slower depletion Fusion core mk 5 1/5th the weight of a fusion core and 20% Slower charge depletion. Just my thoughts on that.

Hi everyone! I've been thinking about making something like this for a while and ShadowReaper's way of doing this sounded so intuitive! And seeing that there are other people looking for something, I decided to make the "Fusion Core Combiner". It basically takes your partially depleted cores, puts them in a buffer and allows you to create full cores from that. Check it out here: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/44584 (oh I do so hope it doesn't break)