need some help with exporting and importing models

SnowVanNight

​while playing the Far Harbor DLC i discoverd this old sailboats, and the first thing i thought was "would be great to live in one of these"
but cause there is no sailboat player home i decide it is time to start moding

i already have found some tutorials of the basics but there is a problem i can't find a solution for

cause the game don't seem to have parts that would fit to a sailboat interior, i want to create some by myself

i already have a lot of experience with blender

the problem is that i want to export the sailboat model to blender so i can get the proportions right,
but i can't find a way how to do this, i only found a tutorial for skyrim but it seems not to work for Fallout :sad:

anyone know how to do this?

and btw, a explanation how to import the new models then would be great, too :happy:

Models and textures are stored in the Fallout4 - Meshes.ba2 / Fallout4 - MeshesExtra.ba2 and Fallout4 - Textures1 (and 2,3, etc).ba2 .

You'll need the extractor: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/78/?

Extract all of the contents to a folder elsewhere, such as My Mod Projects\ Extracted Files\Meshes , and another folder in the same location for textures.

EDIT: My bad, the reply above me wasnt here when I hit reply. Sorry!

Edited by JuJooGuppy

Honestly, from what I have seen, the basics of modding fallout 4 (and bethesda games in general), which is what you are looking at currently (The very basics, honestly, and I dont mean that to be insulting!), is actually pretty easy compared to a lot of other games. Modding seems to be pretty open compared to a lot of games as well. Wait till you start digging into the more complex stuff, itll give you a lot of respect for what fellow mod authors do.

In fact, I wish more users sat down and tried it. For one, we would get more mod authors, but for 2, the rude ones may gain some respect for what it takes to do even the simplest of mods.