I’m doing discerning the transmundane. I already did everything the long quest required, but i can't activate the pedestal.

Septimus didn't gave me the blank lexicon. So i did that console command thing and place them in my inventory but they don't work. Aren't marked as quest items.

I did same thing with the scroll. All well and good... until i tried to go back to my house. I couldn’t reach it, i had several crashes. I cleaned my save, and all my books disappeare in it. I tryed to kill Septimus, stole those two items and go back. This it is marked as quest item..Is there a console command to put the blank lexicon at the pedestal? Please help me!!

First, revert to a save before you reached the pedastal, because all that you did has completely FUBAR'd your save. It also cannot be one that was mutilated with a save cleaner.

Second... try approaching it from different angles.

Do you have any mods that might alter that room or the lexicon pedastal?

thank you for your response!

the problem is at the very beggining of the quest, because Septimus didn't gave me the blank lexicon. of course, didn't work having them by control command or stealing them from him. That is my problem... :-/

I have 200 mods.. how can i know wich mode is the guilty? i had glitches in the game even without having mods installed..

Edited by Elisabel

First, revert to a save before you reached the pedastal, because all that you did has completely FUBAR'd your save. It also cannot be one that was mutilated with a save cleaner.

This. Your current save is what I like to call "broke-dammit", and you can't fix that. Load up an earlier save (preferably one prior to entering the Outpost) and try to get the lexicon from Septimus again.

Also, question: When you consoled your items into your inventory, did you also advance the quest to stage 20? Because I think that's the stage where you get the instruction to transcribe the blank lexicon and I'm not sure that you'll be able to interact with the pedestal without that stage active in your quest log. Of course, I don't know that to be fact, but it sounds GREAT. Give 'er a go.

well, i kind of sort of resolved the problem: i started the quest from an old save. it is not resolved, but my saves needed a cleaning...

i was trying to avoid doing all over again... and i'm doing it.. step by step because i want the experience and the loot...

Thank you!