G.E.C.K Script problem!

bigman28

That's is each time more confusing, what mean you by moving the files? Unless this is for backup purposes it makes no sense at all.

You need to completely uninstall the game (that's the reason making backup of your data files and saves is important), use the disc setup to this instead the windows uninstall facility..

Afterward make sure no residues from the previous install are in the register. Do not reuse anything from the previous install at this point.

Avoid long names for the folder, You should keep it C:\Games or something short (actually you should skip even that Bethesda Softworks... part). This is because there is a limitation in the number of characters in the entire nested path and more than once this limit was broken by mods and reported in this very forum, what forced to reduce folders names anyway and aggravated with all the problems this brings.

Once you have the game installed in it's new path, you can return the former /data folder (although reinstalling the mods is securer, your case is not that of issues with the mods themselves so, this may work fine). return the saves folder to the recreated folder in Documents, DO NOT reuse the previous ini files unless editing them to grant they do not point to previous path.

Utilities which installs on the Game's root folder instead in the /data must be reinstalled, but this is trivial.

Once it's done you should not have issues related to access rights, "disappearing" folders and an entire gamma of oddities.

Edited by nosisab

That's is each time more confusing, what mean you by moving the files? Unless this is for backup purposes it makes no sense at all.

You need to completely uninstall the game (that's the reason making backup of your data files and saves is important), use the disc setup to this instead the windows uninstall facility..

Afterward make sure no residues from the previous install are in the register. Do not reuse anything from the previous install at this point.

Avoid long names for the folder, You should keep it C:\Games or something short (actually you should skip even that Bethesda Softworks... part). This is because there is a limitation in the number of characters in the entire nested path and more than once this limit was broken by mods and reported in this very forum, what forced to reduce folders names anyway and aggravated with all the problems this brings.

Once you have the game installed in it's new path, you can return the former /data folder (although reinstalling the mods is securer, your case is not that of issues with the mods themselves so, this may work fine). return the saves folder to the recreated folder in Documents, DO NOT reuse the previous ini files unless editing them to grant they do not point to previous path.

Utilities which installs on the Game's root folder instead in the /data must be reinstalled, but this is trivial.

Once it's done you should not have issues related to access rights, "disappearing" folders and an entire gamma of oddities.

But I have no disc! is runs off of Steam!

Regarding the problem where you cannot save a script, this is because your script has a syntax error. Please install "geck powerup" to see the details of your syntax error.

okay, I downloaded your mod and it didn't give me any error messages. however when I looked in the create a script menu I saw the script I created but couldn't use it.

I am not able to understand. Geck powerup is not my mod. What did you install? What do you mean when you say that you "could not use" your script?

I downloaded the mod you recommended and i can see it now under the quest script, but I can't use it for a Trigger that I also created.