seriously?

While I agree that more male armour mods would be a good thing, and I would love to see it happen, I also think that modders are not required to please anyone but themselves. However, even when we do want to please others it doesn't always work out.

In my own case I made a decision a little over a year ago that anything I made for my female character I would also make a male version of. The result of that so far is I have 5 more or less finished female outfits that are currently unreleased and may never see the light of day. In each case I advanced the female version to a level that I was happy with, and then started working on the male version to bring it up to the same level. In each case I lost interest in the mod while working on the male version, so it went on the shelf and I moved on to something else.

It's not that working on the male version was boring or uninteresting, It's just that I seem to have a finite amount of time that I can spend working on anything and then I have to move on. I call it the fatigue factor, and it seems that the longer I work on a project the less chance there is that I will ever finish it, because the fatigue factor kicks in and stops me. I get to the point where I don't want to look at the mod any more. I don't want to open it in the cs and I don't want to see it in Blender. I just pack it up and find something else to do. So far I have found it very difficult to revisit a project once I have moved on.

With the above said in mind, it might not be possible for me or others like me to do both male and female armours.

I also think that a male outfit should not be just a quick conversion of the female outfit. It requires new meshes and maybe different textures, so that adds a lot of time to a project. Cause if you take a sexy female outfit and just do a straight conversion to male, well, it's not going to look … um … straight, if you know what I mean.:ohmy:

Anyway, my decision to make male versions may have been a mistake, because here I am with my skills much higher than they were a couple of years ago and yet I have released almost nothing.:sad: (didn't there used to be an emoticon for shooting myself in the head?)

I would also like to know definitively if those asking for more male armours are actually interested in anything other than full plate, because it just could be that they would not be interested in anything that I would do. Now I have a plan to answer that question. I am going to make a new outfit for both male and female and release them separately. They will be of similar style and similar quality, but male only and female only. HGECLMNOP :yucky: and Roberts v5, I will release them on the nexus side by side, Red Sonja and Conan, and compare the reaction from users, views downloads endorsements comments. Now If Red Sonja Kicks Conan's butt then maybe I will change my mind about male armours unless I am actually playing a male character. If Conan wins then … I don't know, maybe I'll go back to my CIV5 addiction :geek: .

Only one problem with this plan. I know I can finish Red Sonja, I started it last night and it's very exciting, but I'm not sure If I can finish Conan.:unsure:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have converted and remixed a few mods for males now, and with that in mind, I'd like to say that people are going to make mods they want. If people want female clothing, they'll make it, and if they want male clothing, they'll make that.

This is not to say that I think there is in any way enough support for male characters or the female body mods that aren't manga/anime or catwalk model bodies.

OK...well that begs the question...how does one go about supporting the male armors and non-revealing female armors?

More screenshots in them?

I would personally love to see some dungeon/quest mods with new armor in them..male and female...like...the Alinor Armor in the Sentinel Mod. I love that female armor...sexy and feminine but completely covering and functional.

Modders make what they like and what people seem to make popular, right?

I have tried Blender. I have tried Blender again... and again... and... well, you get the picture. If I could, I would make male armour, and nothing but male armour, and it would not be skimpy male armour, either. Why would I only make male armour? Simple: because there is more than enough female armour out there and not enough quality male armour (I do not count anything that belongs on a catwalk or the beach as quality). I would not care how popular (or unpopular) it was if I released it -- and I probably would.

So what I am hearing and correct me if I am wrong....and this is in general not specific..

People can't make armor (lack knowledge)

or

People can and have made it, but don't release it.

And yet over and over these kinds of post come up about the lack of male armor and the over-indulgence on female, skimpy armor.

So....what can we do about it?

Why haven't some of you released any? I really haven't read any specific reasons. So what is stopping at least a bit more being released? I think folks like variety and no...maybe it won't be as popular as some female but again....is that why modders mod? Just to make something super popular?