Locking topics in modder's forum

Quoting Dark0ne (my emphasis):

I'm marking this forum as a rule-free forum (so moderators take heed, please!), so the current rules of the forums/site aren't in force here (except where necessary by law e.g. necro, pedo, piracy content etc.). I want you to be yourself and feel relaxed here rather than looking over your shoulder.

So why was 'seriously?' locked? Surely the poster was just 'letting off steam'?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So some subjects are more 'rule-free' than others? Where is the line drawn, other than legal and the other points Dark0ne noted? One of the reasons for these modder's forums is to 'have at it' in a mature manner. Big deal that it's been brought up before, so has virtually every other topic in these forums. If what you say is the case, then these forums are not at all 'rule-free', and people cannot 'be themselves'. Some people feel strongly about certain subjects, and those subjects (so long Dark0ne's guidelines are met) should be open for debate... period.

I'm not sure but the only one I remember being locked, was locked by Dark0ne himself.

I hid your post Kendo 2 because it was very likely to interfere with a personal dispute that was being worked out amicably. In other words, you were actively interfering in something that wasn't necessarily your concern, however I understand why you were concerned, and sympathize with your concerns. Sometimes commenting on something when you don't have all the information is just noise.

It looks like the original poster must have requested that topic locked, Hickory.

It looks like the original poster must have requested that topic locked, Hickory.

Ok, well that's fair enough. But a note to that effect would have negated my reason for starting this topic.

I would love to have that debate in a modder's only section, because at least then we'd be able to talk without hordes of people from both sides showing up and flaming, thus getting the topic locked.

I wouldn't think its much of a debate...its about the things you like in your game. Some folks like that stuff..some folks don't...and never the twain shall meet! LOL

I also, judging from the ferocity in which many points of view have been...favored in this section....I do not think we would get through it without anger and hurt feelings. Creative people tend also to be passionate in all the ways one can be.

:)

I wouldn't think its much of a debate...its about the things you like in your game. Some folks like that stuff..some folks don't...and never the twain shall meet! LOL

I also, judging from the ferocity in which many points of view have been...favored in this section....I do not think we would get through it without anger and hurt feelings. Creative people tend also to be passionate in all the ways one can be.

:)

It doesn't have to be a debate. A discussion between two or more people doesn't have to be a debate. An exchange of ideas or opinions never hurt anybody of sound mind. This topic of male armours vs female armours is as valid as any other topic. That is the top and bottom of it.