Locking topics in modder's forum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People will always ask 'why'? There doesn't have to be a reason. The question is there; answers need not be.

I would love to have that debate in a modder's only section, because at least then we'd be able to talk without hordes of people from both sides showing up and flaming, thus getting the topic locked.

Oh puh-leez NO! That is a bad freak'n idea. Here's why:

Right now, outside of a few instances (gives myrmaad a friendly poke in the ribs) the staff keeps their noses out of here. IF there were debates in this section the staff would be in here mother-henning us and wagging fingers. NO ONE wants that. Not only would the staff have to deal with the random yahoos that wander in the general forums but they would then need to keep tabs on yet another train-wreck-in-the-making. They already have to referee money dung fights. Let's just leave them to it and out of here.

EDIT: and I make male stuff because I use male body replacers. I don't upload them because of the 'UR gay' posts by retards. BTW, NOT gay. I doubt I could be any more hetero. I have two Y chromosomes.

I wouldn't think its much of a debate...its about the things you like in your game. Some folks like that stuff..some folks don't...and never the twain shall meet! LOL

I also, judging from the ferocity in which many points of view have been...favored in this section....I do not think we would get through it without anger and hurt feelings. Creative people tend also to be passionate in all the ways one can be.

:)

It doesn't have to be a debate. A discussion between two or more people doesn't have to be a debate. An exchange of ideas or opinions never hurt anybody of sound mind. This topic of male armours vs female armours is as valid as any other topic. That is the top and bottom of it.

I only called it a debate because of the poster before me.

No an exchange of ideas and opinions doesn't hurt at times...but as others have said...we already have a place for that.

Personally...I think that topic has been talked to death in the 3+ years I have been here and I have yet to see it end well. But you guys have at it! LoL

I did not mean to prohibit a discussion. I have some male characters and companions and I like male armor. I just don't like the implication that there would be more male stuff if there was less female stuff.

In fact I think those who like to make female stuff would just stop contributing. What is the rationale? It seems irrational.

My fault for closing that one. Sorry about that. I don't go through the daily posts by forums but by active content so these forums are mixed in with the rest based on post time. And I didn't look to see what forum it came from before shutting it down.

However, this subject has been debated to death with those who think there should be either more male stuff or less female stuff trying to keep it going long after the actual reasons are given. kind of like a 4 year old who keeps asking 'but why' no matter what you say. They really don't want to know the real reason, they just hope that the reason will eventually 'magically' change to what they want. I really doubt we will ever see any arguments we haven't seen a dozen times before.

I wouldn't think its much of a debate...its about the things you like in your game. Some folks like that stuff..some folks don't...and never the twain shall meet! LOL

I also, judging from the ferocity in which many points of view have been...favored in this section....I do not think we would get through it without anger and hurt feelings. Creative people tend also to be passionate in all the ways one can be.

:)

It doesn't have to be a debate. A discussion between two or more people doesn't have to be a debate. An exchange of ideas or opinions never hurt anybody of sound mind. This topic of male armours vs female armours is as valid as any other topic. That is the top and bottom of it.

I only called it a debate because of the poster before me.

No an exchange of ideas and opinions doesn't hurt at times...but as others have said...we already have a place for that.

So this is not the place, is that what you are saying? If that is so, then we also have a mod troubleshooting place, a techical advice place, etc. That argument does not wash, since this modder's section is supposed to be (for one thing) for getting things off your chest. I don't buy that one.

Personally...I think that topic has been talked to death in the 3+ years I have been here and I have yet to see it end well. But you guys have at it! LoL

I agree with you, and I have no desire to start a topic/debate on the plethora of female vs the dearth of male armours, but that was not my point. My point is that the topic was summarily locked in a no-holds-barred forum. That is all.

My fault for closing that one. Sorry about that. I don't go through the daily posts by forums but by active content so these forums are mixed in with the rest based on post time. And I didn't look to see what forum it came from before shutting it down.

Thanks for clearing that up, Ben. Appreciated. :thumbsup:

However, this subject has been debated to death with those who think there should be either more male stuff or less female stuff trying to keep it going long after the actual reasons are given. kind of like a 4 year old who keeps asking 'but why' no matter what you say. They really don't want to know the real reason, they just hope that the reason will eventually 'magically' change to what they want. I really doubt we will ever see any arguments we haven't seen a dozen times before.

Exactly.

...and Hickory...you seem like you need a big old interwebs hug...so...

*HUGS*