Bring Out the Dead and buy their house

JacktheRipper2007

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yar. That is quite a good option.

In fact, I might investiate trying to do it through a quest rather than on the doors, and with some less complex moves, as that script has created a major bug in the AI that me and reep havent been able to fix yet.

It appears to stop them entering their house, namely.

Attatch a script like this to the selected NPC:

Begin OnDeath

If (GetStage "ID of npc house quest" == 0)
        SetStage "ID of npc house quest" 10
    EndIf
End

And so forth...

I'll make it later and put it in one of my other mods

I think I'e worked it out actually, one quest for each npc, begin ondeath script added to the npcs which sets them to a certain quest stage, which ahs a three day timer before automatically updating to the next stage, which triggers a change in door lock to needs a key, changes cell woenrship to a neutral faction, allows a BeginOnActivate script on the door to start working, which will be how the player buys the house.

Then when the house is brought we set it to the final quest stage and its done.

the stages will have no text, so it just runs in the background.

Actually, instead of having the begin OnActivate script on the door, I was thinking of adding a topic to the count of that town, or the imperial offices person (lol) that will appear once you have enough money to buy that house. And then in the results script of that topic would be the changing the ownership to the player.

Apart from that, you hit the nail on the head! lol :P

I'll soon get started on this.

Edit: Just had a big idea!

If I could do this for every person in the game, and even a chance to become count... would take a while thought :P.

yes, but I dont want to use speech becaue it ruins the quality and it also increases file size, but i'll just change the script to add the topic chain instead, now I've got ti running. I'll playtest it as soon a I can, then put it on the DB npcs and a fe others (glarthir, anyone suggested) and release it hopefully by the weekend.

I considered doing it for every person in the game, and though there arent that many if you think about, it would still take a lot of time. Every city has at least 10, and each one would take 15-20 minutes to adjust the script, times it by 7, then add the outside world npcs and the IC, and thats alot of work :ohmy:

Judging by the title, I thought this was going to be a Monty Python request.

"Bring out your dead!"

Maybe we need to include a cart for the hell of it.

lol yeah the holy grail a class film

Putting aside the genius of Monty Ptython, Socks, have you been working on a version of the script yourself?

Well, I was thinking about it today in the remnants of my history lesson (Cover teacher :P), and thought it would be a little bit silly if you owned virtually every house in the game, therefore there should be restrictions. How about two houses per city?

Also, would you like to work with me on this? I might put it into one of my larger projects.

Archived