The Witcher 1 armors in DA: origins

acateatsarat

Alright, forget all what I said in the previous post, the texture works but the problem is with the armor itself, I tried to change the tint of the armor in the toolset and it worked well, but when I equipped it on a character it appeared as if the armor doesn't see the tint file...

so there must be something I should have done before I export the armor in 3ds max but I don't know it :confused:

so I ask anyone who made textures having skin parts from scratch before, please kindly help me in this problem,

thanks and your help will be highly appreciated

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a photo of the cloth I'm trying to convert to DA, and a link with the 3ds max file with the texture so you may test it and see what happens

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/acateatsarat/dandelionscloth.jpg

My link

please check the armor and try to find out what the problem is, thanks

I finally found the reason for the problem :biggrin: , when I first opened the armor I deleted the hands vertices and attached them from another DA armor, so that's the reason the tint file didn't work, I tried other tints on other armors and it worked correctly,

thanks

• 1 month later...

你好(Hello) :biggrin: ,

I'm a Chinese players,my english is very poor, but i love"Geralt " , i love Witcher" " i love this game"

My dear American friends,You make the armor is very nice!

You will do a armor or Geralt (MODS) , But I won't 3 D MAX,I hope you can give me "Geralt Armor Mods "

E-mail: [email protected]

Your prompt reply will be very much appreciated ,Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I trying port witcher 2 armours.

has prolem with

6) go to the upper left of the menu and find a button named "select and link". Then click and drag from the mesh to the GOB (The GOB is the green box that is down on the very origin of the scene).

7) Go to eshmes tools and choose "ModelManager". Look for the name of the mesh in the list, select "mesh" in the "edit parameters" drop-down, and press "Add/Replace"

in 6) it says cant link in 7) cant understand what to select b4 pressing press "Add/Replace"

• 2 years later...

I've had massive problems doing all this... granted, I'm a 3ds max noob, but I am fairly savvy with computers and things like Photoshop, basic 3D modeling, etc... I could not be having a harder time with all this; I have encountered every crazy problem that could possibly come up.

After many many hours of frustration I've managed to get everything roughly into place, except for one thing: I am working on a tweaked mage robe model (a mod of a vanilla robe) but the skin modifier/bone weights that I copied from the vanilla mesh to mine are completely messed up. And I do mean completely—the chest vertices are married to the lower back bone; the neck vertices are married to the arm bone and so on. I don't even wanna think about how that happened—I just want to fix it somehow.

Is there a good rigging/skinning tutorial out there that isn't in Russian and that applies generally to DAO models? I have been Googling all this for close to 24 hrs. straight and it appears I may be SOL and need to just give up altogether... but I am incredibly stubborn so I can't let it go, and I don't want to throw away the work I already put into this mesh...

I will not be a big help because I use Blender but have you tried to ask over at the Bioware Social Network site? I had the impression there are more DAO 3d modders active than here. I got there help with making my LOD2 files from somebody who works with 3dsmax and Eshme's script. You can look in the forum under "Customization- Dragon Age Toolset/ "custom content". Just another option to get infos and tips.

Good luck with your project! :smile: