Fullscreen mode + NVSE + NV4GB together

Vyurr327

Haven't tested it, but this is what a google search gave.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41381

This program run Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas in "Fake Fullscreen mode".

. Fix Alt + Tab (Instant switch) (at least one window needs to be open for "alt tab to it")

. Alt + F4 (Instant close)

. Improve Performance, reduce shuttering

. No crashes due a full-screen issues

. Alt + PrintScreen send the image to the clipboard

. 100% compatible FOSE, NVSE, 4GB (Moded Fallout3.exe and fnv4gb)

. 100% auto-detection

. 100% auto-configuration

------ For more instructions on how this should work. (though I haven't done it, because I don't use Fake Full Screen..)

Download the Fake Fullscreen mod listed above & install per instructions.

Download NVSE4g alternate loader, so you have NVSE & 4g as one exe and install per instructions. http://nvse.silverlock.org/ ((Search for "4g" and you'll find a download link for the 4g NVSE loader.))

Install & Use FOMM (Which automatically launches NVSE and thus 4g together.)

1 Run FOMM

2 Press in Settings button

3 in the last Tab, in Custom Launch Command, put the exe name Fallout_Fullscreen.exe

Now your offically using FOMM + NVSE + 4g + FakeFullScreen together. :)

------ Reminder: I haven't downloaded the Fake Full Screen mod, these instructions may be off. Recommend you read each mod's install instructions, ect ect.. and see what it says before listening to me BUT based on what I skimmed, this should work.

I currently use FOMM + NVSE4g Alternate loader together without issue, tacking on Fake Fullscreen doesn't seem like it'd cause any problems, goodluck! :D

Edited by Satorinu

Yeah, already have that, I want that to work with New Vegas Script Extender and Fallout New Vegas 4GB (adds Large Address Aware).

I can't run the fullscreen mode or NVSE+NV4GB, I want to run them all together.

Is there a mod out there that does this?

Edited by Vyurr327

I don't think there is a .exe that combines them all, no. Does what I described not work to give you all of them?

Don't try to run NVSE + the 4g address aware that another group offers, it's impossible. Instead go to http://nvse.silverlock.org/ & search lower down on the page, they offer a NVSE4g loader .exe that combines NVSE & 4g address aware into one if you haven't already.

From there you'd HAVE to use FOMM (Fallout Mod Manager) which I imagine you already have, go to settings and add a custom launch for Fallout_FullScreen.exe

After that you should have NVSE4g + Fullscreen running together by launching the game through FOMM, since it automatically launches NVSE and due to the custom launch setting, it'll use the Fallout_FullScreen.exe to display the game.

That is what your looking to do isn't it or am I missing something?

All in all you'd have New Vegas Script Extender, 4g Large Address Aware, and Fake Fullscreen all running together seamlessly.

Edited by Satorinu

Haven't tested it, but this is what a google search gave.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41381

This program run Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas in "Fake Fullscreen mode".

. Fix Alt + Tab (Instant switch) (at least one window needs to be open for "alt tab to it")

. Alt + F4 (Instant close)

. Improve Performance, reduce shuttering

. No crashes due a full-screen issues

. Alt + PrintScreen send the image to the clipboard

. 100% compatible FOSE, NVSE, 4GB (Moded Fallout3.exe and fnv4gb)

. 100% auto-detection

. 100% auto-configuration

------ For more instructions on how this should work. (though I haven't done it, because I don't use Fake Full Screen..)

Download the Fake Fullscreen mod listed above & install per instructions.

Download NVSE4g alternate loader, so you have NVSE & 4g as one exe and install per instructions. http://nvse.silverlock.org/ ((Search for "4g" and you'll find a download link for the 4g NVSE loader.))

Install & Use FOMM (Which automatically launches NVSE and thus 4g together.)

1 Run FOMM

2 Press in Settings button

3 in the last Tab, in Custom Launch Command, put the exe name Fallout_Fullscreen.exe

Now your offically using FOMM + NVSE + 4g + FakeFullScreen together. :)

------ Reminder: I haven't downloaded the Fake Full Screen mod, these instructions may be off. Recommend you read each mod's install instructions, ect ect.. and see what it says before listening to me BUT based on what I skimmed, this should work.

I currently use FOMM + NVSE4g Alternate loader together without issue, tacking on Fake Fullscreen doesn't seem like it'd cause any problems, goodluck! :D

thank you. This solution worked just fine for me. I noticed a IMMENSE boost in the quality of my game from this. Definitely was worth the time to try it. I used to keep my resolution on 800x600 just to get full screen, the way it appears now feels more correct (with no black bars). I have yet to test NVSE mods with it though, but i doubt i'll be having any issues.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there anyway to get Fake Fullscreen, NVSE and NV4GB to run all together? I have been searching the web and have found only a reference in a facebook post about doing this.

This is really strange, but I have been using the NV4GB-NVSE executable (1.2.03) since I bought the game. Had about 8 month break from it, then when I came back I noticed I had it running just short of full screen (but couldn't remember why)

Fired up the NV4Gb launcher before opening steam (which opens the launcher instead) changed it to full resolution, And it runs just fine. Can Alt+Tab indefinitely without error, can even Alt+Tab over night and it still works.

Both NVSE and 4GB are running perfectly.

Perhaps it was due to an update, Or perhaps related to the version of the launcher I am running, I have no idea.