Bomb critical effects

Ok, so basically, i went and opened "def_stats_item_petards.xml" in order to change the critical effect of the Samum bomb from stun to freeze (simulating the awesome bomb we see Letho use in the intro video) :

<crt_stun display_perc="true" mult="false" always_random="false" min="0.99" max="0.99"/>

became

<crt_freeze display_perc="true" mult="false" always_random="false" min="0.99" max="0.99"/>

(changed the percentage for testing purposes)

When i go ingame, the Samum corectly displays that it does freeze as a critical effect, but when i actually use it, it still does the stun effect. Tried altering other bombs, using different effects, but it still doesnt work.

What am i doing wrong here or what am i missing???

I am using FCR2 btw, although i dont see how that should change anything, since the xml file im editing is in CookedPC.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been able to make Samum freeze neither which would've been a really cool effect for the bomb. I even tried adding the "crt_freeze" tag on the petard, but no luck. The only effect that seems to work is stun. I think it could probably be changed on the scripts but I haven't looked into that too deeply.