What's up with all these strick rules?

Somedude

Heh, I guess I can talk about this, since this IS off-topic, but's what's the deal about these strick rules this forum has? I mean, what makes this forum soooo special that it must have very strick rules?

I am part of many forums and this one is the stricktest I've seen by FAR. Why does the Dark0ne want this to be so strick?

Just curious... :ph34r:

First, if you're going to complain, do so in english. The word you're looking for is strict.

Second, the site feedback forum exists for a reason. Moving this there.

Third, if you'd bothered looking there, you'd have seen the million other threads on this subject we've had recently. You should have posted there instead of making a new thread.

Now, those rules are there for a reason: to maintain order. Maybe you enjoy a spam filled forum, but I don't. Strict or not, every one of those rules has a very good purpose.

Would you like to provide specific examples of what is too strict and what posts you "should" be able to make that you are prevented from making? Or should I assume that you concede the argument and lock this?

I don't know, I just get this vibe of this forum being strict. I belong in many forums that are spam free and moderated.

Ok. I'll give an example. Why are one liners like "Lol" or "hi" or whatever being deleted? Is it a server problem? Too much posts or something? :D

I would assume it's your choice if you want to read through it. You could just skip the thread all together. Personally, I like to see "LoL" or "Hi". It makes a post more appealing or friendly. :D

I could see why useless posts would be deleted, however if this isn't related to a server overload problem then I wouldn't delete them.

Personally, I would only delete spams, flames. Everything is fair game provided it's in their right forum.

Actually not really. I'll give a generic example what MOST forums would consider spam.

I love chocolate

I love chocolate

I love chocolate

this is considered spam.

------------

"lol :D " it's just a a word saying that the last post was amusing. B)

Don't you agree?

Yep. It may seem strict, but it's kept these forums running fine for almost 6 months now. Even if you're trying to be nice by posting stuff like "lol" or "hi" it's often people abusing it and just trying to bump their postcount. Too many people would do this if we got rid of the rule, and the forum would just be filled with pointless posts. And like Dark0ne said, it also causes server problems.

Don't worry, we're not all as cold as Peregrine *ducks* :P

Archived