The skeleton gains some muscle

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Storm Raven

Storm Raven

*the old man smiles*

• Premium Member
  • 563 posts
“Similarly you are running at 1024 width resolution which is going to make things cramped.”

Please try to remember that not everyone out there is running on flat screens and that for a lot of folks 1024x768 is a pretty common resolution. My rig doesn’t run Oblivion any higher without major problems. Are you asking me to reset my settings every time I visit your site? :blush:

smurf000005

smurf000005

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I personally prefer menus on the left (ala Planet Elder Scrolls, however that has it on both sides). But the thing i find really annoying about nexus is the bloody ads in the middle of the description of mods and comments! It really takes away from the site. Once again, a reference to PES, it has ads only on the top and a little bit of the right side! So, obviously my first choice is PES, not only because of these reasons but because new mods are displayed on the right side. Nexus doesn't have anyway to find new mods apart from a manual search. Man, I think you really stuffed up this site.

--------------------
Papa Smurf was here.

Suzarn

Suzarn

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
The "Standard" for websites is still 800x600, which is ridiculous, considering there are monitors which support 3x that resolution.
People with low res monitors just need to catch up with technology. 19" LCD High res, wide screen monitors are as low as $150 US these days.
There is no reason for anyone to be running an ancient 16-19" low res CRT monitor.

Personally, I like this site design much more than tessource. I thought TESS was a bit unorganized and slow. This site is neither.
More and more websites are doing the whole "info on the left, nav on the right", since most of the world does in-fact read left to right.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,418 posts

Nexus doesn't have anyway to find new mods apart from a manual search.

You obviously haven't done much exploring, there are infact 3 different pages, available on every single page in the navigation pane, dedicated to this concept:

Updates today
Updates recently
Latest files

hoots7

hoots7

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

The site is functional in Explorer but not so with firefox this is the only thing I would like to see changed as all sites should be optimized for both anyway. As far as aesthetics the only thing that needs a bit of work is the banner image it is fine but something that is a good representation of the amazing graphics or the increadibely talented mods that are on this site a reflection of the community may need some work. If you want you could always make customized style sheets available to donators of the site to make it a worthwhile way to spend your time...Just an idea.
Tessa.

I use FireFox & it works great. Do you want some kind of collage for the banner?
I think this one is good

Posted Image

I personally prefer menus on the left (ala Planet Elder Scrolls, however that has it on both sides). But the thing i find really annoying about nexus is the bloody ads in the middle of the description of mods and comments! It really takes away from the site. Once again, a reference to PES, it has ads only on the top and a little bit of the right side! So, obviously my first choice is PES, not only because of these reasons but because new mods are displayed on the right side. Nexus doesn't have anyway to find new mods apart from a manual search. Man, I think you really stuffed up this site.
--------------------
Papa Smurf was here.

TES Nexus is a lot better than PES & the reality of it is that the ads pay the bills and Dark0ne should put them wherever he thinks they should be period.
There are plenty of ways to find new mods as Dark0ne points out (not just Manually searching), this site ROCKS.

Lord of the Strings

Lord of the Strings

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

I love the look of TESNexus, and with flat view file browsing is now improved. I like the nav as well, but I do wish some aspects weren't so...broken...
http://img205.images...tesnexuspc3.jpg

Yep: All you should have to do is to remove those squarelines("light shadows") around the aliases ("buttons") ;-)

Lord of the Strings

Lord of the Strings

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Can't help it, but smells a bit Star War's like, doesn't it?:)

Lord of the Strings

Lord of the Strings

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

(...)
More and more websites are doing the whole "info on the left, nav on the right", since most of the world does in-fact read left to right.

This is funny, as i'm right handed, I often think it 'd be a good idea to have the click-lists on the right ;)

moonshadegold

moonshadegold

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I'll admit at first I wasn't too happy about the change but after awhile I've become accustomed to this new website and I think that you did good for everything that happened and what not. I think the layout is fine it just needs some add ons. As to what they may be...I can't really say at this time maybe what could be useful is to allow photos of said mod (like PES, they do have that right?)

Anyways...you can't please everyone. I can definitely say that its good to be able to get these mods unlike PES which has become a file planet fanatic now. Arrgh! You can't download any mod there without being booted to this file planet subscription page. Which is total b.s. because PES is suppose to be free to download those mods.

So over all I do find the right to left a little hard to handle but I see no need to change it. Seems rather easy to find and search through for the most part. Well done.

~LV

ninja_lord666

ninja_lord666

Ninja Wizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

As to what they may be...I can't really say at this time maybe what could be useful is to allow photos of said mod (like PES, they do have that right?)

Modders can upload photos and did, but when TESSource was shut down, all the photos were deleted.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.037 seconds