"Model Load Error: Meshes" Please Help!

ChloeCosgrove

Edit: Nevermind I found the error myself. I needed to register my game bsa for Tamriel Rebuilt, the guy in the guide failed to mention that.
http://www.nexusmods.com/mods/100/readmes/Tamriel%20Rebuilt_readme.txt
When I approach the large staircase leading to the Vivec palace the game tabs out and gives me several warning boxes that say;
Model Load Error: Meshes\TR\x\tr_terr_ai_cliff_03.nif cannot load file in Meshes\TR\x\tr_terr_ai_cliff_03.nif.
Will use the default object Marker_Error.NIF.
Model Load Error: Meshes\TR\x\TR_terrain_ai_rock_12.nif cannot load file in Meshes\TR\x\TR_terrain_ai_rock_12.nif
Will use the defaul object Marker_Error.NIF.
:Meshes\TR\x\TR_terrain_ai_rock_08.nif cannot load files in Meshes\TR\x\TR_terrain_ai_rock_08.nif.
Will use the defaul object Marker_Error.NIF.
:Meshes\TR\x\TR_terrain_ai_rock_09.nif cannot load file in Meshes\TR\x\TR_terrain_ai_rock_09.nif.
:Meshes\TR\m\TR_furn_corn_shackles.NIF cannot load file in Meshes\TR\m]TR_furn_corn_shackles.NIF.
:Meshes\TR\f\TR_furn_skel_foot_r.NIF cannot load file in Meshes\TR\f\TR_furn_skel_foot_r.NIF.
:Meshes\TR\f\TR_furn_skel_shin_r.NIF cannot load file in Meshes\TR\f\TR_furn_skel_shin_r.NIF.
:Meshes\tr\f\tr_crate_broke01.nif cannot load file in Meshes\tr\f\tr_crate_broke01.nif.
:Meshes\tr\f\tr_crate_broke02.nif cannot load file in Meshes\tr\f\tr_crate_broke02.nif.
Will use the default object Marker_error.NIF.
:Meshes\tr\f\tr_barrel_broken01.nif cannot load file in Meshes\tr\f\tr_barrel_broken01.nif.
:Meshes\TR\a\TR_a_Iron_Cuirass_G_2.nif cannot load file in Meshes\TR\a\TR_a_Iron_Cuirass_G_2.nif.
:Meshes\TR\a\TR_a_Iron_Helm1_2.nif cannot load file in Meshes\TR\a\Iron|Helm1_2.nif.
After all of those it asks me if I want to continue running the executable and I hit yes for everything, then when I try to tab back in, the game crashes. I think the crash is related to me using distant terrain in Morrowind Overhaul, but I'm not sure. My game is modded following the instructions given in this guide. If anyone can help me with this, I will greatly appreciate it..
Edited by ChloeCosgrove

Hi

I used to have the same problems with a mod I was writing for Morrowind; however I was NOT using Morrowind Overhaul, I did notice though that I had similar errors.

What I would advise is that you look at the various files involved - it seems as if there IS a file for TR nifs. It has been some time but what I did was to build all those files from scratch, creating complete new files - including new *.nif files. as well as existing mesh files.

When you have built one file, (use existing mesh files and create sub-directories for them)try the files out - Once I had this down, it worked for all the rest of my mods.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...