Ashton Silo choices? (SPOILER)

Gopher

I cannot progress in Lonesome Road without opening a silo at Ashton and letting a nuke out. Obviously there must be some other way to do this quest but for the life of me I cannot find it? Any help?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta launch that nuke !

it is imperative for dismantling all the warheads and for Ulysses dialogue with the Courier

Really? My god I cannot believe how badly they have messed up on this DLC. Way too linear and cannot be completed in a 'good guy' playthrough. So basically I have to go back to the tunnel and forget I ever heard of Ulysses until I do an bad guy playthrough? Meh. I thought after Old World Blues they had figured it out and would stick with a winning formula. What a huge let down.

Well I opened it and carried on because I just cannot face another playthrough after such a disappointment. And frankly I find myself agreeing with Ulysses now and wanting to shoot myself for being such a moron and randomly letting nukes fly. I cannot even believe my character had the option to say he didn't know it was going to happen. He has 9 intelligence, he should be smart, not supernaturally stupid. How could he not know what finishing the launch sequence would do. I hate my courier so much right now. I may let Ulysses kill him when I finally find him.

Will be skipping this DLC in any future playthroughs. Most annoying DLC of any fallout game. Not just boring like Anchorage, but actually annoying. Doesn't even seem to have any humour, and has only two characters as far as I can see. After the incredible Old World Blues, this is a serious let down. Just feels like they tagged this on to make up for the total lack of a real back story with the main character.

Obsidian, learn your lesson from this please: Main character should have a detailed backstory from the very start. Dont patch it on after the fact like some bad script for a sci-fi series that has lost its plot. How could you mess this up? Even Bathesda figured that out for FO3 and skipped their usual 'man with no name' lack of backstory starts.

So, not sure what you are talking about.. That nuke doesn't hit anything but another part of that area, which actually opens up another area for you to explore and an achievement. It has nothing to do with playing a good guy or a bad guy. What you do when given a choice at the final showdown with Ulysses is the point where you decide who to wipe off the map, if you even decide to. Theres nothing here about being good or bad, each side considers the other the "bad guys" and themselves as "good guys", and nuking your enemy is never a "bad guy" decision. I believe you are over analyzing the middle of this DLC, to be honest. Just my opinion...

So, not sure what you are talking about.. That nuke doesn't hit anything but another part of that area, which actually opens up another area for you to explore and an achievement. It has nothing to do with playing a good guy or a bad guy. What you do when given a choice at the final showdown with Ulysses is the point where you decide who to wipe off the map, if you even decide to. Theres nothing here about being good or bad, each side considers the other the "bad guys" and themselves as "good guys", and nuking your enemy is never a "bad guy" decision. I believe you are over analyzing the middle of this DLC, to be honest. Just my opinion...

How do I know that? I mean in the middle of the DLC I just opened a silo knowing a nuke would launch. No idea who it is really going to hit. No idea if it will just pop out 10 feet and explode in my face. Its nice that you tell me it does not hit anyone, but honestly, how did I know that when I pulled that lever? I didn't, so there is no way a good and intelligent character would have done what I did. I did it to progress a quest line, and thats it. I am about to do the showdown with Ulysses, but I already feel 'wrong'. This playthrough is just off now. My character is a grade A idiot or a psychopath (or both). I like neither option :(

it's linear... but it's a DLC... i mean considering how non-liner NV as a whole is... wouldn't worry too much about the DLCs being linear... Dead Money and Lonesome Road quests, until the very end, are pretty linear but that's okay by me

I didn't like the linear nature of Dead Money either, but at least it had some great characters and humor. Plus the choices I made I could live with, and had no real choice but to go forward. Wheras in Lonesome Road the only reasonable choice is to just leave the Divide and let Ulysses stew in his own self pity. Sorry, but after DLC like Old World Blues, they set the bar pretty high for what you can achieve in DLC. And they failed by a couriers mile and then some. Hell, OWB had a set of armor with more personality than everyone in Lonesome Road put together, and the dome brains had me rolling on the floor in laughter. It is as if they said 'Hey OWB was an incredible success, lets do the exact opposite for the final DLC to try to make up for us forgetting to add a backstory to the Courier in the main game.'

Really disappointed with Obsidian on this to be honest. If FO1 had been like this, I would never have gotten to FO2.

I think hes confusing the dialogue with the package(detonator) and the nuke in the middle of the lonesome road. I havent played it yet mind you but thats what its sounding like to me. Sunnie and Rimland nailed it.

EDIT because of ninja:

Well i cant make a really good comment due to not yet playing it(will sometime today or tomorrow) but Lonesome Road isnt supposed to be about humor..or a massive amount of character with deep humanity to them its about a lonesome road...

You cant expect them to just copy and paste the premise of another project over and over again because people liked it.

As for your idea on good guy and bad guy:

I feel that your idea of a "good guy" is a passivist and your idea of a "bad guy" is the person doing the killing or simply taking risks. Which doesnt work...

Edited by ModelV