Mojave Restoration Project

DOOMdestroyer360

This will be the main thread for my Mojave Wasteland recreation, I'll periodically post images as well as answer any questions about the project as it progresses.

As of right now the map spans from the Mojave Outpost to North Vegas

Here is a link to my video demo previously posted on the imageshare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwwOmFDq32M Demo Video 1

https://youtu.be/u-ATd6qOQjM Demo Video 2

https://youtu.be/M1mvsYubwTQ Demo Video 3

First of all, I just want to make it clear that this isn't a quest mod and was never planned to be such. I may add some unmarked quests down the line, but mostly this will be used as a (literal) sandbox for roleplaying and settlement building.

For my own personal version I intend to port assets from NV, but for now I am recreating the meshes based on what's already available in Fallout 4. Eventually I intend to recreate the Divide from Lonesome Road and properly connect it to the rest of the Mojave, but that's way later on.

Currently I'm still building this myself, but if you happen to be interested in contributing somehow, shoot me a PM and we can discuss it further.

All rebuilt locations so far:

Goodsprings, Goodsprings Source, Jean Sky Diving, Primm (WIP), Nevada Highway Patrol Station, *Lone Wolf Radio, Mojave Outpost, Ivanpah Race Track, Nipton, *Ringo's Sacked Caravan, Sloan, Quarry Junction (WIP), Junction 15 Railway Station, Fiend Territory (WIP), Camp McCarran (WIP), Bonnie Springs, Vault 19, *NCR Sharecropper Farms, *Gun Runners, Crimson Caravan, Freeside East Gate, Freeside North Gate, North Vegas Square

*Locations marked with an asterisk have been renamed and re-purposed to fit the new changes to those areas, but are still recorded here by their original names for convenience.

Disclaimer: If you're coming to this thread to fanboy over Obsidian and sh*t on Bethesda, you're in the wrong thread. There's only one bad Fallout game and that's BoS.

13391998_963707203749103_475411810607483

13243747_952809994838824_605506692482189

Edited by DOOMdestroyer360

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you using NV assets because it's against the rules

they arent using new vegas assist as far as i can tell.

they seem to be using Fo4 assists and using a few other mods like the securatron recreated in FO4 mod.

side note this looks promising

.TTW would prolly like to see this tbh.

since they are working on Tale of Three Wastelands now.

Edited by ItsCraft

they seem to be using Fo4 assists and using a few other mods like the securatron recreated in FO4 mod.

No,they arent.Dont spread misinformation.They still dont even have TTW completely finished.

No,they arent.Dont spread misinformation.They still dont even have TTW completely finished.

How is it misinformation? I just re-read the OP and he even said he plans on porting in NV assets. Shutup

How is it misinformation? I just re-read the OP and he even said he plans on porting in NV assets. Shutup

He's talking about ItsCraft saying that Tale of Two Wastelands are making Tale of Three Wastelands, not what you said.

That is some really solid work, especially considering it's one person in a really short amount of time.

Have you considered going the TTW route with re-using NV assets? By which I mean, you don't distribute the whole thing yourself, and the user requires certain data on their end they could only get by legally owning the other game, like textures or sound effects.

Edited by retlaw83

That is some really solid work, especially considering it's one person in a really short amount of time.

Have you considered going the TTW route with re-using NV assets? By which I mean, you don't distribute the whole thing yourself, and the user requires certain data on their end they could only get by legally owning the other game, like textures or sound effects.

I don't think that can be done, at least not for the meshes. Because Fallout 4 meshes have materials and other things attached to them that need to be added, they'd have to be modified in order to work in the game. If I could directly port buildings, flora, and other misc. meshes over without dealing with that I would have already done it, but I've had some difficulties with it and due to the taboo nature of porting assets, it's also difficult to find specific help with it on here.