Mojave Restoration Project

DOOMdestroyer360

I don't see the point. As good as New Vegas is vanilla, the real highlight is the mods, mods that will be unavailable even if he can somehow port all the assets of vanilla over. I mean, Traffic just came out and there's no way I'm ever playing Vegas without it.

It would still be an amazing thing to have it recreated in F4 engine. The rest of the assets can be easily ported.

I'm not saying it couldn't be done nor that it wouldn't be an accomplishment. What I'm saying is that even if he managed to recreate all of Fallout New Vegas in the new engine, porting the others would not be allowed at all. TTW only gets away with this, and only away from the Nexus because you actually have to have the Fallout 3 master files in order to play it.

Plus, would someguy port his mods over? Would Belthan, the guy doing Coitio Ergo Sum or the guy who did Zion Trail, or is Talking Toaster even going to do a RobCo Certified for Fallout 4? To say nothing of Project Nevada. Because as much as I love New Vegas, those mods are what make it great for me. Being able to actually use a Wattz Laser pistol in New Vegas is such an important part of series continuity, something I miss so very much Fallout 4.

Now, if someone were trying to recreate Fallout 1 or 2 on Fallout 4's engine, THAT would be something to celebrate and donate to.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can recreate all the assets from scratch and nobody can tell you anything. You're not allowed to use the existing official ones. As for someguy and the rest.. that's up to them. This is not a recreation of a a modded NV in whatever way you want it, it's a recreation of the base game and mods don't have any place in the discussion atm.

Edited by Ethreon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...