DOOMdestroyer360

try to stick to the fo4 assets and maybe some new created from scratch

makes it feel unique and different from the old fnv game

i will be tracking this topic and hope to see some updates in the future

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No,they arent.Dont spread misinformation.They still dont even have TTW completely finished.

there most recent forum post about it said they are likely to do so.

also, ttw is at a point it's pretty much bug-free since august 2015.

anything that's minor bugs is almost always the TTW patch mods or etc.

Edited by ItsCraft

That is some really solid work, especially considering it's one person in a really short amount of time.

Have you considered going the TTW route with re-using NV assets? By which I mean, you don't distribute the whole thing yourself, and the user requires certain data on their end they could only get by legally owning the other game, like textures or sound effects.

I don't think that can be done, at least not for the meshes. Because Fallout 4 meshes have materials and other things attached to them that need to be added, they'd have to be modified in order to work in the game. If I could directly port buildings, flora, and other misc. meshes over without dealing with that I would have already done it, but I've had some difficulties with it and due to the taboo nature of porting assets, it's also difficult to find specific help with it on here.

I Would contact nmc or one of the great texturers from new vegas to see if you can get the permission to utilize some of their textures i sure that one of the many custom texture artists would be more than willing to give the blessings for a ambitious project like this.

try to stick to the fo4 assets and maybe some new created from scratch

makes it feel unique and different from the old fnv game

i will be tracking this topic and hope to see some updates in the future

I'm not going to make all of the meshes and textures for those things from scratch. Recreating the worldspace and interiors as well as any other misc things I've added such as enemies, takes a lot of time to do, especially for one person who's not the most experienced modder anyway. Certain buildings such as the ones on the strip will be effectively impossible for me to recreate with 4's assets, so there's not much of a choice. At least for the time being.

I'll continue to stick with only FO4 assets for as long as I can, but I'm going to hit a road block with that sooner or later unless I can sort that mess out. I'll post some more pics soon

A few more images of in-progress areas. To clarify a bit more, this isn't an exact remake of the Mojave but rather my interpretation of what it's like during Fallout 4's time. Which is why there have been some changes to a few areas.

13317082_954075794712244_743649331574101Towards Camp McCarran and New Vegas

13268246_953416601444830_906296846108785Near Vault 19

13244023_953416648111492_897485096204517Destroyed Vault 19 (Will still be partially enterable, but some areas will be blocked off.)

That is some really solid work, especially considering it's one person in a really short amount of time.

Have you considered going the TTW route with re-using NV assets? By which I mean, you don't distribute the whole thing yourself, and the user requires certain data on their end they could only get by legally owning the other game, like textures or sound effects.

I don't think that can be done, at least not for the meshes. Because Fallout 4 meshes have materials and other things attached to them that need to be added, they'd have to be modified in order to work in the game. If I could directly port buildings, flora, and other misc. meshes over without dealing with that I would have already done it, but I've had some difficulties with it and due to the taboo nature of porting assets, it's also difficult to find specific help with it on here.

Maybe you're talking to the wrong people about getting help. Pop in to our site and shoot me a message, I'll point you in the right direction. I'm easy to find :tongue:

Edited by tjmidnight420

If I could get some help with that side of it I'd certainly appreciate it. One of the most time consuming parts of this project so far has been trying to plan out how I can "fake" the look of the old meshes with Fallout 4 stuff. Which I admit is kind of fun as well in its way, but I could make progress much faster otherwise

Looking good thus far. You know what would be cool? Instead of just recreating all the quests from FONV...making some brand new ones!

I echo this statement.

Everything is looking great, this is some fantastic work you've done.

I would recommend perhaps disabling whatever greener-textures mod you have going for the next batch of photos, just to see what they'll look like with Vanilla assets.

As for quests, I understand you don't intend on bringing all of them from NV, which I agree is a good idea. Some new quests in old locations would be a really fresh take on things.