Suggestions for new one handed mods for Skyrim

niceguygibbz

I'm new to creating mods and I got some (not all) of the software to make them like 3DS Max to design them but the amount of details that I need to pay attention to is killing me. Are there any useful tips that can help from more experienced mod creators? The file attached is the sword that I'm trying to make, I just got the hilt started. If anyone would like to help out, I would very much appreciate that.

That's a pretty awesome looking weapon. I don't use 3ds max. Generally I curse at ​ use Blender, but there are plenty of folks here who do. I'm sure if you have a specific question it might attract the attention of the people who may have the answer.

Alright, thanks all! Yeah, as of now I only have Youtube tutorials to help me with making mods because of my limited knowledge. To be honest that sword model came from an online game called Cabal Online. It's not lore-friendly but I think I can come up with some cool backstory for it. There's even bow, greatsword and shield models for it. But unfortunately no daggers. So I'm hoping that if I can get some help with other mod creators to design one. I'm gonna go try blender out because the amount of details I have to pay attention to the sword is killing me.

• 3 weeks later...

So this is my progress on the blade. I just want to put it out there. It's not done yet but I just want to know whether I'm doing anything wrong (like should the blades on the sides be done seperately from the blade in the middle or anything else that comes to mind). I used the dragonbone sword model as a scale to give me a rough estimate so the sword I'm working on would be approximately the same length.

Edited by niceguygibbz