Creation Kit and wiring or linking generator to a device.

silhouett

Can some one please explain to me the proper way from within the creation kit to link a device that needs electric power to a generator both of which you placed in the mod.

• 3 months later...

have found easy and funny method to solve it)

1/ place ur device (which need power connection) in the world

2/ r.click -> edit -> linkref -> set "workshopitemkeyword" and link it to ur workshop

3/ edit base (of device) -> look for "actor values" -> add "PowerGenerated", set number of power which device need.

done:) now ur device dont need connection to generator, cause it generate power for itself)

• 7 months later...

have found easy and funny method to solve it)

1/ place ur device (which need power connection) in the world

2/ r.click -> edit -> linkref -> set "workshopitemkeyword" and link it to ur workshop

3/ edit base (of device) -> look for "actor values" -> add "PowerGenerated", set number of power which device need.

done:) now ur device dont need connection to generator, cause it generate power for itself)

Tried this in an area out in the commonwealth, not inside a settlement. Didn't work. Not sure which workshop value I link it to, there are several.

Can you post a screenshot, or give exact values?

Thanks!

you cant connect anything to the gen etc. in the CK..

The splines are just objects....they dont transmit power .

Stuff that you see in the vanilla game being powered arent being powered by the cables..but in fact the object itself has INTERNAL power and the wires are just a visual to make it look like they are connected to something.

If you you want something powered you have to add certain keywords and a script to it. (script maybe not needed but im unsure)

In my mods i create gens that look like a conduit and place it next to the object that needs power and users just connect it to get it to work.

why no?), use 2 'SplineEndpointMarkers', add em to the world, select both, press 'P' and connect as u wish

but yes, it will be decoration only)

SteelRat, what item u trying to connect?, my method really working inside settlement only, but it realy interesting to connect something outside :)