-Edit, if anyone finds this thread I actually made this mod for myself to fix this issue. You can check it out here. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20258/

Back in Skyrim I used a mod called iNeed. It was great, the game was exactly the same but it added immersion, an actual use to the food and cooking in the game, an actual purpose to sleeping and not staying awake for 3 months in the game, and an actual reason to explore the entire world to scavenge for supplies rather than just need equipment upgrades that eventually would end and make exploring pointless and stale.

I want this for Fallout, and wanted this out of survival.. but it just doesn't supply the experience I want. I'm okay with difficulty for immersion purposes, but I'm not okay with simply annoying (to me at least) mechanics that aren't there to only immerse me but to also drastically challenge me just to take more of my time away needlessly. I don't play games for difficulty I play them for a roleplay experience, and difficulty sort of just comes as a side effect to wanting such an experience. So there are simply too many features in survival that completely ruin my experience with the game, as many are simply not needed for my immersion and are just annoying to me - and I'm sure many others.

I want a simple, and light version of survival that is like iNeed, a perfect addition to the game that changes nothing fundamentally and only adds to the game only enhancing my immersion.

Now, there are an assortment of mods that tweak and change certain things with survival each mod giving or changing one or two of the issues I have.. but they don't all take out everything, and a lot of them are workarounds making my life still harder such as having to use ingame items as a work around for normal UI mechanics, and a few of them conflict with eachother making me have to pick and choose what features I have to deal with and what I actually want removed. It's all annoying and a hassle and in the long run it doesn't give me the perfect experience that I want.. and I think it would help everyone if there was just one mod that did this because the amount of time I spent looking at every survival editing mod just trying to find the combination of mods that made the game perfect was a LONG time and I still didn't find a perfect solution, just a combination of 5 different mods that sort of fixed the game but not really.

So, to summarize and make a list of what I would like to be included in this, I want a mod that has these features all of which are already in survival for ease of use;

- Sole Features -

// Exhaustion, Hunger, and Thirst: A need to eat, drink, and sleep, and not doing so puts the same survival penalties on your character until you see to these needs.

// Fatigue: General wear and tear of exploration, not eating and drinking, and physical exertion of combat through Action Point penalty.

// Illnesses, and Medication: iNeed has an optional disease part of the mod that made diseases in skyrim an actual threat, and I think this fits perfectly within Fallout as well if not more so. Sickness out in the wasteland, that will negatively affect you until you address them with Antibiotics.

And that's it, nothing else. Simple added features, that are already there to use in survival.. just NOTHING else.

No sleeping to save, no locked fast travel, no "realistic" increase in damage I should be able to play on very hard or easy if I want to while still needing to eat and drink and sleep, no adrenaline mechanic, no needless radaway penalties, no "realistic" carry weight that just makes looting more of a hassle, inventory management is fun but it's too much limitation for me, no crippled limbs from looting, no companions run back home after getting downed, if anything they should just die like in previous Fallouts, no enemy respawn changes and so on.. now - I'd be fine with the crippled limbs staying crippled until stimpack like it was in the previous games, crippled limbs feel nonexistant in the basegame. I'd also be fine with slow stimpack healing but I know that's probably an annoyance to some people like the weight penalty is to me so I don't think that should be included.. but really the features of this mod should stay simple stupid.

Survival is awesome.... for people looking for difficulty. If someone could make a mod like this, it would make my Fallout experience amazing, and I'm sure it would for many others as well seeing from how popular iNeed with Skyrim is even though there are plenty of hardcore difficult survival mods like Frostfall available. I believe there is a definite need for a simple survival alternative.

Edited by Worldsvg

Sounds like a good ide to have something like this as an option. Now as the CK is out, I hope someone can manage to do something like this.

I hope so too, I want to be able to have food and sleeping and such have a meaning in the game, but I just don't have the time to invest into the normal survival difficulty and still get enjoyment from the game.

So if something like this gets made I think I could definitely consider Fallout one my go to RPGs like Skyrim already is with iNeed, the added depth of character roleplay when you actually live, eat, and sleep the wasteland to me is too much to pass up. :happy:

Yea, that's the part I addressed where I said many mods sort of do this if combined together but I still have issues.

I'll elaborate further for you.

If I use that mod I still have to deal with realistic damage, so I'd need a mod for that and the main issue with that is survival difficulty uses it's own special formula so no matter what difficulty settings I set it to with a difficulty mod it will still not be the same, which is one thing I can look over but it's just an annoyance. Then there's still no manual and quicksave options, so I'd have to use Gopher's quicksave which forces me to use an ingame item to quicksave instead of a UI element which is annoying and I will not be able to quicksave during dialogue and other essential stuff. Then there's still the radaway and companion stuff and on top of those there's the adrenaline system which if I make the game easier and can't get rid of adrenaline then the game becomes way too easy because the Adrenaline system is specifically made for mobs that are extremely hard, and the mods that fix those actually conflict with the other mods and the game crashes when I sleep so I'm choosing between problems at that point and overall it becomes a situation where I just can't get the perfect experience I want and have to deal with parts of survival that are annoying no matter what.

Which is why I posted this, because I think if someone could make a mod similar to all these other mods but does it all in one and simple and just removes absolutely everything besides the base eating, drinking, sleeping, illnesses and fatigue then it would be a very useful mod to me and I'm sure many other people who just want a well made Basic Needs mod like iNeed is for Skyrim.

Edited by Worldsvg