Multiple wraithguard

Magatsu

You can collect the Wraithguard gauntlet the traditional way- from Lord Vivec, and you can also take the backpath manner- kill or circumvent Vivec, and talk to Yagrum Bagarn under Tel Fyr, in the Corprusarium. He will tell you to get Kagrenac's Journal and Planbook, and he will then reconstruct a Wraithguard. The Wraithguard will do between 201-225 points of damage when it is equipped the first time, so be sure to have enough health before doing this. Getting both Wraithguards IS CHEATING!!! The PC is only meant to have one Wraithguard in the game.

OK, first of, this should be in the spoilers section. Second, when you first put on the second Wraithguard it will do between 201-225 points of damage. Note, this is not like get a really strong damage health spell hit you. It is like have a Bonewalker permanately take away the amount of health points, so make sure you are ready to give up a couple hundred. Also, if you really like the original Wraithguards enchantment, this has the same one (is worth one fourth, but you aren't going to sell it). Also, it is very notable that this is a very big cheat, since Wraithguard is very strong with just its own set of enchantments. You'll remember that the original Wraithguard is a right gauntlet. Well, this one is left. So you can equip them both at the same time. The only thing I would also like to tell is that the second Wraithguard looks like a left daedric gauntlet when you where it, but when you look at it in your inventory, it looks the same as the original Wraithguard (except for the cost).

Exactly right on the proper location....

And I don't consider it cheating. I mean, so Vivec had another gauntlet that he didn't want to give you. How does that mean that you aren't intended to have it? Especially when they even give you the option to get it the hard way!

How does killing vivec, having yagrum restore the wraithguard effect the conversation with dagoth ur? and the ending for that matter. And if you are a vampire when meeting him does that gives extra options or doesent he care?

And how does azura react?

If you kill vivec why does it say "the prophecy has been severed, you may load or persist in the doomed world you have created" When there is another way to end the game?

Well, this should be a very long and complex post.

First question:The conversation with Dagoth Ur should always remain the same, even after killing Vivec, I believe that all his topics don't have enough to do with Vivec to effect it and also he is kind of stuck in the center of a crateor. Other than that skooma addict corprus beast in the underworks of St. Olms, there isn't any of his servants nearby Vivec's palace to realize it. And it's not like a Dreamer will even remember.

Second question:Killing Vivec has no effect on the ending of the game. The only thing you can't do is return to Vivec (so you could return to his decompossing corpse) and get a few extra topics from him, but in most games when a character gets strong in MW, Vivec ends up *cough*passing away*cough*.

Third question:If you are a vampire when you meat Vivec, I'm not sure about the answer to this question, but he'll probably see you as a threat and attack. I don't know now (he had...well..."passed away" in my game by the time I was a vampire). Either way, if you plan on being a vampire your whole MW life (which is likely if you are meeting Vivec and most likely haven't done any of the mainquest) than he most likely will die eventually.

Fourth question:Azura doesn't care.

Exactly right on the proper location....

And I don't consider it cheating. I mean, so Vivec had another gauntlet that he didn't want to give you. How does that mean that you aren't intended to have it? Especially when they even give you the option to get it the hard way!

I don't believe there is IS another gauntlet. There is just the one Wraithguard. The Odd Dwemer Artifact (dormant Wraithguard) is just there in case you kill Vivec and still want to complete the main quest. I know they are made for opposite hands, but I still don't think the intent was for the PC to have two Wraithguards. I think the Odd Dwemer Artifact should have been removed from Vivec's inventory once he gives the PC the real Wraithguard.

Archived