Request for a proofread of a Settlement Mod Guide, please.

you don't link the mapmarker to center, but to a heading marker

location should link to the mapmarker

location=mapmarker, mapmarker=headingmarker, set both in map and his heading the encounter zone(your encounterzone)

center link to workbench, atk(headingmarker) link to center

spam(headingmarker) link workbench

in ck look under misc/packin's, scroll the hole way down, you will see a packin with the name exteriorworkbench(someting like that)

it contain all the markers needed with the workbench and a buildbox, all are linked already, you need to add a setownedtrigger yourself

if you want it raid able and or vassel able add a headingmarker, under location(tab from marker) look for edgelocation

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the full list of markers check the table at the bottom of this article. Used to create many, many workshop settlements in noew or existing locations https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/1023

never new you made that list, its good for those wo have problems with settlements

although i'm a bit rusty with settlements i still know how most works :ninja:

I put that list together when I was watching one of those "how to" videos and the presenter said "I have no idea what this marker/link is for but I will put it in anyway". Monkey-see-Monkey-do button pushing with zero understanding is a principle casue of crappy mods that break stuff.

"Forgive them lord, for they know not what they do."

• 4 months later...

I read once that when creating a location you don't have to use

Loctypeclearable

Loctypeworkshop

Loctypeworkshopsettlement

Loctypesettlement

but instead replace some with custom keywords, is that true?

i don't know anyting about custom keywords(never heared about it eighter), or you must refer to loctype

as for any location, wel it depends wat you wana do with it, if its just a location no keyword is needed, or you can give it a loctype keyword(think they had tons of them), not sure wat they all do, my quess is nothing speciaal)

if playerhouse, no keyword needed

if settlement just look at abernaty(sp), if using a setowned trigger you dont need clearable

i don't remember the right script name, but when looking for the raid able solution, there was a script that contained xx keywords, if 1 is missing the script will fail

to register the settlement correct, in the case of raid able it was the locationedge marker

Edited by speedynl

• 3 years later...