• Please log in to reply
1165 replies to this topic

abo2

abo2

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

I also experimented with changeing from one race, updating the stats, then changing back to the original race. My character still got booted down to level 8, with a lot of stats crippled.

That is really weird. Are you sure you are adjusting all your skills (not attributes) to the correct levels? RL recalculates attributes and level from skills (and fame/infamy only for luck). Do you have any special equipment or abilities that are boosting/draining your skills? RL will not count them against your skill advances. Also maybe the attrMax and levelMax are being adjusted... did you manually adjust them at the console, and did you do 'set aaRealisticFatigue.version to 0'? I'm starting to suspect that maybe another mod is screwing with things... or maybe you've discovered an obscure bug in RL. Can you do this for me;

1) write down all your skills, do 'set aaRealisticLeveling.sumStats to 0', let RL recalc everything, then do 'sqv aaRealisticLeveling' and write down all the base* and exp* values you can see (these are the base racial+fortify offsets and advancement experience for each attribute).

2) change your race, do ''set aaRealisticLeveling.sumStats to 0'

3) change your race back, set all your skills back to their original values, and do 1) again.

4) if any of the exp* or base* values are different, let me know via IM and we'll sort this out.

The other thing you can do is use the spreasheet, plug in all your characters skills and race/class ajustments (in the top two boxes), and see what your attributes/level/health should be. The should exactly match what you have.

imperialsteel

imperialsteel

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
I don't think there is a need to do that.

One of the biggest confusion came from the fact that my birthsign was ereased, as in, I don't have any birthsign bonuses. After selecting another birthsign and then selecting the one I wanted again, My stats became a bit more balanced. I still have another problem that I didn't notice. I don't have

I'm still having a problem in changing races is the fact that my character does not have any other attributes like resistances, spells, etc. it's like they're ereased. The flipside was that the 40 + skeleton key attribute, which I consider a fix, not a problem. Thanks for that :). I really doubt that the problem was caused by this mod, But, If you have any other recommendations I'll try them out.

abo2

abo2

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

I'm still having a problem in changing races is the fact that my character does not have any other attributes like resistances, spells, etc. it's like they're ereased. The flipside was that the 40 + skeleton key attribute, which I consider a fix, not a problem. Thanks for that :). I really doubt that the problem was caused by this mod, But, If you have any other recommendations I'll try them out.

The code is pretty clean and mature, so I'm pretty confident it doesn't have any bugs, but I'm always glad to have this confirmed after reports like this :-)

As posted earlier, although I haven't tried it, the Character Generate Amulet mod is probably one of the better ways to adjust your race/class/star etc on an existing savegame. It should be fully compatible with RL. Also, see CSWiki:ShowRaceMenu for an explanation of why it will screw up your game... it should not be used without extreme care. There are also older comments in this forum that might help explain how things can be done safely and how to recover a damaged savegame.

imperialsteel

imperialsteel

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Thanks for the suggestion. The amulet does help with the stats and birthsign problem, but I still lose my permanent effects like the Night Mother's blessing. I will either post in other forums or this one for help, Start a new game, or get used to it. Currently, It doesn't bother me that much anymore, So I'm fine with it for now.

abo2

abo2

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Thanks for the suggestion. The amulet does help with the stats and birthsign problem, but I still lose my permanent effects like the Night Mother's blessing. I will either post in other forums or this one for help, Start a new game, or get used to it. Currently, It doesn't bother me that much anymore, So I'm fine with it for now.

I would report that as a problem with the Character Generate Amulet mod, as ideally it should not loose things like that.

You should be able to repair things like that at the console using 'addSpell' commands. It's worth going back through this mod's forum to OnmyojiOmn's post <{POST_SNAPBACK}> where he describes in detail how to manually change race, the problems he encountered, and how to repair everything correctly.

grovsum

grovsum

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
OMOD INSTALLATION

I am using DarkUId DarN 156 OMOD Version

http://www.tesnexus....le.php?id=11280

After i Create, Add archive, Create omod, this mod get red in omod manger

“RealisticLeveling 1.5.omod] (major conflict)
Data file menus\levelup_menu.xml already exists
- CRC mismatch. The new file is different from the old.
- Data file owned by darkuid_darn_156_omod_version-11280.omod”

How do I install Realistic Leveling so that it works with DarkUId DarN 156 OMOD Version?

Just got it to work! Deactivate DarkUI in the mode manger and reactivate it
then you get an option in DarkUI installer for “KCAS-AF Menus”

Sry bit new to all the oblivion mods have nott been playing for a long time
Only use AF leveling mod when the game was new

Looking forward to try this mod out !

apellis

apellis

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 276 posts
I recently did a de-install / re-install of Oblivion and a bunch of mods.
I don't remember if this problem was there before or not.
When I use a trainer, the times trained doesn't reset to 0 on levelup. This mod is the only one in my mod load (according to tes4edit) that touches the itraningskills gamesetting.
I entered "setgamesetting itrainingskills, 2100" using the console and then I could train (training seesions 9/2100). But obviously there is something causing the error.
Where do I find what the times trained? Is it a game setting? Is it a variable in your scripting?

I think this mod is the best and I wont run Oblivion without it. Any help would be appreciated.

abo2

abo2

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

I recently did a de-install / re-install of Oblivion and a bunch of mods.
I don't remember if this problem was there before or not.
When I use a trainer, the times trained doesn't reset to 0 on levelup. This mod is the only one in my mod load (according to tes4edit) that touches the itraningskills gamesetting.
I entered "setgamesetting itrainingskills, 2100" using the console and then I could train (training seesions 9/2100). But obviously there is something causing the error.
Where do I find what the times trained? Is it a game setting? Is it a variable in your scripting?

RL should already be setting iTrainingSkills to 2100, so after restarting Oblivion, loading a game, and going to the console 'getGS iTrainingSkills' should return 2100. If it does not, then there is probably another mod changing this setting. Note that mods using OBSE can change game settings in a script, which will not show up in things like ts4edit.

I don't know exactly how you are getting the times trained... are you talking about "times trained" in the player stats menu, debug info from "sdt 10", or in the menu when you ask for training? The only one of these that should be reset when you go up a level is the last one. Are you using "silent leveling mode"? I have a sneaking suspicion that the number of times trained for each level may not get cleared when you use "silent leveling mode", which should not be a problem provided iTrainingSkills is high enough.

PS grovsum.... sorry for not responding to your question, but glad to see you fixed it yourself.

apellis

apellis

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 276 posts
RL should already be setting iTrainingSkills to 2100, so after restarting Oblivion, loading a game, and going to the console 'getGS iTrainingSkills' should return 2100. If it does not, then there is probably another mod changing this setting. Note that mods using OBSE can change game settings in a script, which will not show up in things like ts4edit.

I don't know exactly how you are getting the times trained... are you talking about "times trained" in the player stats menu, debug info from "sdt 10", or in the menu when you ask for training? The only one of these that should be reset when you go up a level is the last one. Are you using "silent leveling mode"? I have a sneaking suspicion that the number of times trained for each level may not get cleared when you use "silent leveling mode", which should not be a problem provided iTrainingSkills is high enough.

PS grovsum.... sorry for not responding to your question, but glad to see you fixed it yourself.

I don't know how to reply to a "comment".

You are correct - I am using silent leveling mode. And I am referring to the menu when I ask for training.
Ok, it sounds as if all I need to do is change the mode to verbose.

Thanks

Xodarap777

Xodarap777

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
I'm missing something in the description. So far, this sounds exactly like what I want: I use KCAS with "The Wheel" and level by "attributes," and it would be great to have a less obtrusive method -- especially one without a levelup screen!

However, I can't tell what actually gets considered into creating your level itself: skills or attributes. There is a difference between:

Skills -> attributes -> level

Skills -> attributes
-> level

I like the first, but not the second :) I also worry about it being unbalanced. KCAS seems to require about 8 attribute advancements to a level advancement, which translates to roughly 15 skill advancements, which seems about right to me. I guess I could look more closely at the spreadsheet, huh?

Judging by the amount of work that obviously went into this, it sounds excellent, and I will have to try it out, for sure!

One more question: what are the "default" settings -- ie, does levelup normally trigger a screen or no?

Page loaded in: 0.961 seconds