Marine Armor is MISSING it's feet

SporeSkorge

EDIT: To be clear, I mean the marine leg armor is missing it's armored feet, NOT that the marine armor set is missing left and right legs.

I'm not sure how many people have noticed so far but the marine leg armor is actually missing it's feet! shocking i know.

check out these screenshot comparisons

one in the inspection screen: http://i.imgur.com/gynzq4J.jpg

one in the loading screen: http://i.imgur.com/iSAawd5.jpg

and finally one as it appears in-game!: http://i.imgur.com/l9iSMv9.jpg

EDIT: one more in better quality, without any undersuit on: http://i.imgur.com/Ubr92Rz.jpg

is there anyway to fix this at all? ever since i noticed it's been bugging me to no end.

maybe it was a design decision by bethesda, maybe it was buggy, maybe they ran out of time, or maybe they just thought it looked better without it?

whatever! i just thought i'd put in a request to see what people think.

do you think it would look better with this armor on the feet?

that is not only in a loading screen but also on the actual model when you inspect it?

i sure do!

EDIT: apparently there is a ground object mesh for the left leg with the armored feet, if that helps.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK just checked the archive. I can't tell you whether it's a design decision or not. It's not like the mesh is there but bugged and somehow not showing up, it's (the foot) just not in the nif. But it's in the world model, so it can be copied over pretty easily by anyone familiar with blender and exporting for FO4's models.

I'd do it for you (since the marine armor is pretty kick *ss), but I haven't had a chance to work with any fallout 4 models yet. If it was FO3/FONV I'd knock that out for you in 15 minutes. I'll check some tutorials out, but most likely someone will fill this request before I get around to perusing a guide.

If no one grabs it for you in a few days or a week, post in this thread, and I may be up to speed by then, with my FO4 modding setup (already have the new nifskope, but I imagine I'll need a new version of blender and possibly other utilities).

OK just checked the archive. I can't tell you whether it's a design decision or not. It's not like the mesh is there but bugged and somehow not showing up, it's (the foot) just not in the nif. But it's in the world model, so it can be copied over pretty easily by anyone familiar with blender and exporting for FO4's models.

I'd do it for you (since the marine armor is pretty kick *ss), but I haven't had a chance to work with any fallout 4 models yet. If it was FO3/FONV I'd knock that out for you in 15 minutes. I'll check some tutorials out, but most likely someone will fill this request before I get around to perusing a guide.

If no one grabs it for you in a few days or a week, post in this thread, and I may be up to speed by then, with my FO4 modding setup (already have the new nifskope, but I imagine I'll need a new version of blender and possibly other utilities).

that's awesome thanks so much! it's been bothering me to no end, the armor just feels...incomplete to me

no pressure though, just get to it if you want to

of course if someone else hasn't done it by then

Awwww.... dammit I just noticed that now that you pointed it out.

Maybe they had to chop it out because when the whole thing is there the npc feet clip through the foot model? or maybe they were just being consistent with other armor models. either way it sucks because this armor is like mini power armor that doesn't need to be repaired. I found it useful to carry a quad barrel rocket launcher while wearing this armor. Actually have time to use it in a fight with this armor.

Maybe they had to chop it out because when the whole thing is there the npc feet clip through the foot model?

I couldn't say for sure until I had it in blender, but just eyeballing the nif, the sabaton (spelling? the armored boot) looks more than large enough to cover any underarmor/outfit footwear.

Gun to my head and I had to guess, I'd say there shouldn't be any problem with clipping.

Well staring at the menu model it looks to me like that model is almost exactly the same as the actual thing maybe someone could rig up the menu model for each leg and see what happens?

Because there is no "menu model", that menu mode uses the world model. See my previous post, #3