What do you dislike the most?

Kanori24

!!PLEASE NO POLITICS OR RELIGION!!

So what gets on your nerves the most? Like, that one thing that can happen or happens a lot and when it does, you just wish you could destroy the world.

For me it's people pretending to like me or appreciate I do. I was recently fired from my wonderful job for no reason without any warnings whatsoever, and when I attempted to apply for unemployment I was declined because "I failed to perform my expected duties with multiple warnings". Well I worked in customer service and not a single one of my customers ever complained about me and in fact, many of them have stopped going to that place and have followed me to where I work now. I asked my boss for the very reasonable accomodation of letting me know if I doing a good job at the end of every month. I was told "we don't have time for that". Drawing unemployment doesn't matter now that I have a new job already, but it's just that jerk told me I was just being laid off because they couldn't afford to pay me and then I get record that I wasn't doing my job? Per what documentation was I NOT doing my job well enough?! And how many of my customers were displeased with my service? None!

Long story short, boss was great at first. Slowly became annoyed with me asking simple questions, even though I was making them money. Then they fire me under the ruse of a company layoff. That was just... mean... So when people seem to like me and tell me I'm a wonderful asset or great employee, and then turn around and screw me like that, it's probably the most aggravating things that I face in life.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what gets on your nerves the most? Like, that one thing that can happen or happens a lot and when it does, you just wish you could destroy the world.

For me it's people pretending to like me or appreciate I do. I was recently fired from my wonderful job for no reason without any warnings whatsoever, and when I attempted to apply for unemployment I was declined because "I failed to perform my expected duties with multiple warnings". Well I worked in customer service and not a single one of my customers ever complained about me and in fact, many of them have stopped going to that place and have followed me to where I work now. I asked my boss for the very reasonable accomodation of letting me know if I doing a good job at the end of every month. I was told "we don't have time for that". Drawing unemployment doesn't matter now that I have a new job already, but it's just that jerk told me I was just being laid off because they couldn't afford to pay me and then I get record that I wasn't doing my job? Per what documentation was I NOT doing my job well enough?! And how many of my customers were displeased with my service? None!

Long story short, boss was great at first. Slowly became annoyed with me asking simple questions, even though I was making them money. Then they fire me under the ruse of a company layoff. That was just... mean... So when people seem to like me and tell me I'm a wonderful asset or great employee, and then turn around and screw me like that, it's probably the most aggravating things that I face in life.

It's not you ,it's there way to avoid paying into an established fund....No workman's comp or any other thing that requires them to pay in.

It's a cheap shot and a way to liquidate responsibilities, if they did that to you ,they were not worth your time spent with them.

The rich get richer, and the poor get the shaft. Turn over is frequent I bet too with them.

But it's not you. It's all about money, insurances, medical overages. and so on. They used you until a cheaper asset / person can replace you and it starts all over again.

Cheer up, your better for it.

kitty

It is a little thing called "At will" employment. Though I am surprised about the unemployment. It takes some bit of effort to do that. They have to actually file that they don't want you to have it.

You probably are better for it. Take it as a lesson learned that companies no longer treat people like they once did. Where employee loyalty was earned by the good acts of employers toward their employees. You worked, and worked hard...but if you did well you knew you could stay with the same place for the majority of your working life if that is what you wished.

Save your money, pay attention to your investments and try to safeguard your future. There is no longer any guarantees.

It is a little thing called "At will" employment. Though I am surprised about the unemployment. It takes some bit of effort to do that. They have to actually file that they don't want you to have it.

You probably are better for it. Take it as a lesson learned that companies no longer treat people like they once did. Where employee loyalty was earned by the good acts of employers toward their employees. You worked, and worked hard...but if you did well you knew you could stay with the same place for the majority of your working life if that is what you wished.

Save your money, pay attention to your investments and try to safeguard your future. There is no longer any guarantees.

You've got that right... Also remember two key points in my situation that I was told "we don't have time for that" when I requested monthly performance notifications and also I had no performance issues at all anyway. All of my customers were always happy, I always took initiative and was always punctual. I also had seniority. So if they didn't have time to even tell me "you're doing great" or "you suck" then I am especially baffled that they had the time to file against my gaining unemployment. Just being a jerk and trying to put a knife in me. Well obviously everything is their problem now, as I am working for a competing business and all of my customers have followed me here. :P

But I really didn't mean for this turn into a pity pot fest for Kanori...

You've got that right... Also remember two key points in my situation that I was told "we don't have time for that" when I requested monthly performance notifications and also I had no performance issues at all anyway. All of my customers were always happy, I always took initiative and was always punctual. I also had seniority. So if they didn't have time to even tell me "you're doing great" or "you suck" then I am especially baffled that they had the time to file against my gaining unemployment. Just being a jerk and trying to put a knife in me. Well obviously everything is their problem now, as I am working for a competing business and all of my customers have followed me here. :tongue:

But I really didn't mean for this turn into a pity pot fest for Kanori...

I understand that you did not. And I completely understand you were treated unfairly and basically were dealt a bum rap. I was told in my last job I had a bad attitude and so received a "does not meet" on one of those reviews you wished to get. Funny I met all other expectations and had one of the highest customer service scores in the State. "At Will" means just that. They don't have to treat you right, they don't even have to follow their own rules. Try taking even the smallest company to court and that is a fight you probably won't win. This is why unions continue to proliferate the U.S. even though most unions are dinosaurs in today's world.

It is good you moved on and that the people whom you gave good treatment have followed. That isn't something that happens very often.

Even if you work somewhere great, where they follow the rules, give you feedback and all that..you can never forget they no one is irreplaceable and taking care of things today brings you comfort for tomorrow. I am happy to know that even though all that sucked, you seem to be full steaming ahead.