Retexturing for xbox

7iger

Hi Guy's,

I attempted to output my dogmeat retextures for xbox last night using the creation kit and bethesda's web site. It uploaded fine and people began to download. But the feedback i was getting was that it didn't change anything. I made sure to include my archive with the upload.

I'm just wondering if there is another step that's needed? to enable texture replacement on the xbox.

i know originally pre CK people had to change there .ini files for textures to appear. I'm wonder if this is the case for xbox. That i need to enable the xbox to read the textures or allow it to replace them somehow. I think other modders are also having this problem. Mainly the pipboy texture modders. So any help would be great, or if someone has already worked this out. I've trolled the internet to find an answer but Bethesda has no information on xbox modding at all.

Thanks in advance for any help.

7iger

thanks Emissary, yeah I added the textures manually to the archive when it promps. My PC version works fine, I think it might have something to do with xbox and replacing vanilla textures as a number of modders seem to have the same problem. I've reached out to a few modders on bethesda.net so if i find a solution I'll post it back here. :happy:

So I'm going to have to re-point everything to a custom folder? Like my textures for data\Textures\Water\defaultwater.dds are going to need to be data\Textures\WaterCustom\defaultwater.dds right? So I'm going to have to link all the NIF replacements too? Well if so, that's annoying. Edit: That should be right as there are no Materials in all my stuff because they are all effect meshes.

Edited by SparrowPrince