Still can't get CBBE working

darrelhughes

Started FO4 over again fresh only loaded one mod (cbbe) and i still can't get it to work, she still has her underwear on and no i didn't click nevernude box, before 1.5 it worked great along with body slide but now it ain't working

I'm having that problem, too. I've not played it till all the add-ons were released. Fired up the game (after checking that all mods are the latest versions in NMM). CBBE didnÄt work at all. Like it wasn't even there. I double checked the files, I tried other body mods, but none seem to work. I run the latest game version on steam (4th June).
(And yes, I followed the guide, I had the mods running before)

Any help would be apprechiated.

I have done testing with INI changes and loose files and it looks like both of these options work. You need to do one or the other but not both. I don't know which works better or why.

Option one:

Edit your Fallout4.ini in Documents\my games\Fallout4
[Archive]
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

Option two:

Create a Fallout4Custom.ini in Documents\my games\Fallout4
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\

There is a video

that explains the last option. He doesn't use sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\ but I put it as a safeguard just in case. If Fallout4Custom.ini is like a custom override for all existing INI files, then I would think you need the strings part so the game will still access those files for the DLC. I'm not sure if it's needed or not.

If that doesn't fix it then no idea why it's not working if you have the proper textures installed.

Edited by Sharlikran

• 2 months later...

NMM will activate any mod but body mods. I tried with CBBE and Jane body and I get a error message saying there was a problem occurred during install. It will load Glorious Female nude but it wont show up in body slide. I tried the fixes posted here to no luck. Anybody able to help or am I the only one having this problem?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have done testing with INI changes and loose files and it looks like both of these options work. You need to do one or the other but not both. I don't know which works better or why.

Option one:

Edit your Fallout4.ini in Documents\my games\Fallout4

[Archive]

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

Option two:

Create a Fallout4Custom.ini in Documents\my games\Fallout4

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\

I did both as part of an extended session of throwing everything against the wall to try to get CBBE working with this game, and what do you know; it's working now. The main difference I noted was that I had to edit .ini files under my library\documents\my documents\my games\Fallout 4 folder rather than C:\games\Steam\steamapps\etc. etc. etc. \Fallout 4 folder, as some of the mod pages' guides seemed to indicate. Perhaps Bethesda moved the files last update to mess with us (or seem busy)? <.<;

But nevermind that... thanks for the helpful suggestion! :)

Only option:

Edit/Create a Fallout4Custom.ini in Documents\my games\Fallout4. Add:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

I did both as part of an extended session of throwing everything against the wall to try to get CBBE working with this game, and what do you know; it's working now. The main difference I noted was that I had to edit .ini files under my library\documents\my documents\my games\Fallout 4 folder rather than C:\games\Steam\steamapps\etc. etc. etc. \Fallout 4 folder, as some of the mod pages' guides seemed to indicate. Perhaps Bethesda moved the files last update to mess with us (or seem busy)? <.<;

But nevermind that... thanks for the helpful suggestion! :smile:

You would have known this if you had just looked at the CBBE mod description. Plus, that info is out of date. I corrected it with my edit.