Still can't get CBBE working

darrelhughes

I have tried literally everything on this post now and nothing has worked. For some weird reason, the vault suit right out of the tutorial displays the CBBE body and the sliders work but when I take off clothes it reverts to the vanilla body. I tried installing the Misfit tattoo CBBE body texture over it and everything ended up the same except instead of the vanilla body with clothes off, I get a horrible monstrosity with a single nipple on the ribcage and blocky colors everywhere.

I know this one so well. It looks like you successfully installed CBBE. CBBE is working, congratulation!

Before I go into what went wrong, I need to give you a quick knowledge on what CBBE is. Because most people don't give a crap about how mods work and all they do is just wish and pray. A 3D model works when we have the under wireframe that forms the shape, and the 2D texture file that wraps around this 3D shape to create a believable object, in this case, the female body. Think of the world map! The thing is each and every 3D model wraps the 2D texture differently. You have to have the right 2D texture made specially for CBBE body for it to look right.

So at first glance, I know that you saw some good looking skin texture and downloaded. But this skin texture is likely for Vanilla and not compatible with CBBE. Where is the mod? Maybe there is a CBBE compatible option you didn't see? So the problem is 1005 on your end that you didn't install the right skin. There are tons of CBBE compatible skins. In fact, most creators actually create skins for CBBE more often than Vanilla. And or they would make sure they convert the skin to CBBE.

Here are screenshots of what my characters looks like clothed and nude. Note the CBBE body type works when clothed but not with clothes off:

<snip>

Pretty sure this was all sorted out in the CBBE comments. You have Unique Player and didn't install the CBBE body meshes into its folders.

I know this one so well. It looks like you successfully installed CBBE. CBBE is working, congratulation!

<snip>

Er. That body mesh is not CBBE. It's the vanilla one. He has CBBE textures on the vanilla body, just as he said in his post. That's the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried asking nicely?

Just kidding. In all seriousness, did you try a good ol' fashioned manual install? If that doesn't work, then you may just have to deal with the fact that you can't look at HD nude bodies in Fallout 4.

(For the record, my personal opinion on nude mods is, in short, that I don't like/approve of them. However, I still don't mind providing help on general troubleshooting of such a mod. Otherwise, I keep my mouth shut.)

Edited by GrayWolf04

Have you tried asking nicely?

Just kidding. In all seriousness, did you try a good ol' fashioned manual install? If that doesn't work, then you may just have to deal with the fact that you can't look at HD nude bodies in Fallout 4.

(For the record, my personal opinion on nude mods is, in short, that I don't like/approve of them. However, I still don't mind providing help on general troubleshooting of such a mod. Otherwise, I keep my mouth shut.)

>> INSERT COMPLETELY USELESS COMMENT THAT HELPS NO ONE <<

Only option:

Edit/Create a Fallout4Custom.ini in Documents\my games\Fallout4. Add:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

I did both as part of an extended session of throwing everything against the wall to try to get CBBE working with this game, and what do you know; it's working now. The main difference I noted was that I had to edit .ini files under my library\documents\my documents\my games\Fallout 4 folder rather than C:\games\Steam\steamapps\etc. etc. etc. \Fallout 4 folder, as some of the mod pages' guides seemed to indicate. Perhaps Bethesda moved the files last update to mess with us (or seem busy)? <.<;

But nevermind that... thanks for the helpful suggestion! :smile:

You would have known this if you had just looked at the CBBE mod description. Plus, that info is out of date. I corrected it with my edit.

So I've tried all of these possible fixes here and yet I guess I'm the only one who still cant get it to work :(

You are not alone my friend.

Bought the game recently. Have played and modded all the elder scroll games and FO3/NV.

I think it's just so great that so many people happily channel their time and talent into making these mods.

The mods have always been a vital part of the game experience for me.

I've watched the videos, I've editing the ini files as per the instructions and nothing - invisible body.

Checked that the files are present in the relevant folders so probably not worth a manual install :confused:

Am almost ready to give up. Using AMD on Win 10 and NMM.

Err.. sorry @Sobrado ...yes you are alone!

Gave my Fallout4Custom.ini one more check and noticed that I'd splelt invalidate with an l (as in look) instead of a capital i (as in I am an Idiot).

Anyway, I'm off to chose the most revealing CBBE armor I can find :happy:

Toodle pip.