Still can't get CBBE working

darrelhughes

iiChuckellzz, please, for future reference, start a new topic. This can help us figure things out. I must ask, how are you installing your mods, manually or through NMM or even Mod Organizer 2? My suggestion is to start a new topic, fill in what you are using, and your problems. This can help even more.

• 3 weeks later...

I have done testing with INI changes and loose files and it looks like both of these options work. You need to do one or the other but not both. I don't know which works better or why.

Option one:

Edit your Fallout4.ini in Documents\my games\Fallout4

[Archive]

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

Option two:

Create a Fallout4Custom.ini in Documents\my games\Fallout4

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\

There is a video

that explains the last option. He doesn't use sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\ but I put it as a safeguard just in case. If Fallout4Custom.ini is like a custom override for all existing INI files, then I would think you need the strings part so the game will still access those files for the DLC. I'm not sure if it's needed or not.

If that doesn't fix it then no idea why it's not working if you have the proper textures installed.

I know it has been one year but this is really helpful... it also fixes the problem that I can't use tab to exit chem station

• 10 months later...

I'm having that problem, too. I've not played it till all the add-ons were released. Fired up the game (after checking that all mods are the latest versions in NMM). CBBE didnÄt work at all. Like it wasn't even there. I double checked the files, I tried other body mods, but none seem to work. I run the latest game version on steam (4th June).

(And yes, I followed the guide, I had the mods running before)

Any help would be apprechiated.

Its been two years,but thanks to your post my mods are working. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

I have done testing with INI changes and loose files and it looks like both of these options work. You need to do one or the other but not both. I don't know which works better or why.

Option one:

[Archive]

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

Option two:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

There is a video

that explains the last option. He doesn't use sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\ but I put it as a safeguard just in case. If Fallout4Custom.ini is like a custom override for all existing INI files, then I would think you need the strings part so the game will still access those files for the DLC. I'm not sure if it's needed or not.

If that doesn't fix it then no idea why it's not working if you have the proper textures installed.

I love you, thank you for this

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Option one:

[Archive]

Option two:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

There is a video

what if you got it on an eternal hard drive and your having that issue?

• 1 year later...

does the document have to be like fallout custom.ini cvause mine isnt

uhh specificly the ini part

checked my work it didnt fix anything....it made it worse also that fix didnt work for me idk what the problem is

Edited by kikitheoni