Hey guys, how's everyone doing?

So... I have a couple of questions I figured I would ask to anyone who happens to use the Summerset Isle mod and may know the answers to - although one is more a matter of opinion from a role-play perspective, and the other is a matter of curiosity of the nit-picky part of me regarding roleplaying and lore when it comes to looking at this mod.

Anyways, first question I have to ask goes to anyone who has the mod and enjoys the lore of the TES-verse. Is this mod very lore-friendly? Anything in it seem out of place at all regarding the Elder Scrolls setting?

Second question, well... this will seem odd, but I'll explain why I ask it. Since this mod takes place on Summerset (I assume just Summerset, not Auridon (since it was made before ESO I believe) or Artaeum (seeing as this part of the Isles is known to pull vanishing acts), there are bound to be a vast majority of NPCS that are Altmer - but my question is this: are there any Altmer NPCs - generic/unnamed and named alike - that have dark hair (black, dark brown - anything that isn't blonde, white, gray, or light colors)? I ask because one thing that bothers me and is a reason I ask about this is because Altmer have been known to have a variety of hair colors, which include dark colors as well, yet Morrowind (vanilla) had no dark hair for them (one was close but not quite dark), Skyrim had no dark-haired NPCs but had a preset with dark hair (unless there's a NPC I'm missing or overlooked that is a dark-haired Altmer), and ESO, well... we all know that currently there are no dark hair options for players yet a number of NPCs have black, black-gray, and dark brown hair and happen to be Altmer, and there's a lore-book from Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, and ESO itself (2920, Sun's Dawn) that mentions a "dark-haired Altmer". So I ask this question to see if this actually adds some of the diversity the Altmer have, or if they are still somewhat clone-like in terms of appearances.

Hopefully there will be some of you who can humor me and be willing to answer my second question, even if it is an odd one - again, I apologize.

Still, thank you for taking the time to give this post a look - I'll be looking forward to reading your responses. If things look good, I might use this mod for a future playthrough. :)

So... I had a look a bit at a couple videos regarding this mod - random ones - and stumbled upon two dark-haired Altmer NPCS, one being a miner of sorts with a name that made me think of a certain World of Warcraft dragon, and the other was a nameless guard that was part of a quest. Both had dark brown hair (I assume the latter did, couldn't tell with the rain in the video, and the fact he wore a hood, but it looked like he had sideburns/mutton chops that were of that color - though I went mainly off the eyebrow color for him...).

Still, anyone who uses/used this mod care to chime in? I'm curious to get the opinions of people on here who played this to see what they think of this mod regarding lore-friendliness and other observations.

Not a lot of people using this mod anymore. I even heard someone from legacy of the dragonborn say they wouldn't want to include this because there are so many problems on so many levels. Now, I am not 100% sure if they talk about compatability here, but I don't think so since it's in it's own worldspace.

Other then that I would read the posts on the mod itself, you only hear people that actually tried the mod. And normally some good opinions.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the parts where there are things wrong with it if it's not. I'm just saying here what I heard people say.

I played a few parts of it when it came out and I liked what I saw.

I'm not the biggest lore expert, but most of it seemed legit.

Not a lot of people using this mod anymore. I even heard someone from legacy of the dragonborn say they wouldn't want to include this because there are so many problems on so many levels. Now, I am not 100% sure if they talk about compatability here, but I don't think so since it's in it's own worldspace.

Other then that I would read the posts on the mod itself, you only hear people that actually tried the mod. And normally some good opinions.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the parts where there are things wrong with it if it's not. I'm just saying here what I heard people say.

I played a few parts of it when it came out and I liked what I saw.

I'm not the biggest lore expert, but most of it seemed legit.

Thank you for the response, friend. *smiles* I was unaware about the legacy of the dragonborn situation - then again, I'm still trying to decide and find mods to make use of, as well as deciding on a race.... :P

Still, I heard bits about the compatibility problems as well as a few things about bugs I believe among other issues. It still seemed like an interesting mod to ask about due to the fact it focuses on another of the provinces, one that was only explored in ESO partially (technically Arena as well but not a proper scale).

• 3 months later...