Help requested - Mod Setup and missing menus; How to get most Settlement Building Objects without losing item categories?

Noctumanie

Hello everyone,

first of all: I spent a lot of time searching for answers, patches, mod-updates, workarounds, etc. and could not find a solution for all of my problems, so I figuered out I ask you guys. Maybe I'm just missing obvious things or I'm too stupid to figure out on my own, what to do to get what I want(?)...

The issue:
So, I really enjoy creating efficient and realistic settlements with a lot of detail to them and wanted to expand my objects to choose from. I started with a few minor mods and made extensive use of Homemaker, which is a really great mod, because it already gives plenty of new items to build. Everthing worked fine. When I got the Far Harbor DLC (I also have Wasteland Workshop and Automatron) and wanted to add OCDecorator, Place Everywhere, B.Y.O.P. (Build Your Own Pool) and a few other mods, things started to get messed up.

I reached the max cap of objects pretty soon and now I'm not sure how to get my vanilla items back. I used some mod-patches and somehow with adding Snap and Build, and a compatibility patch, I got most(!) of my Vanilla Objects back, which were missing before, without Snap and Build. Though essential items, like the Bar, Benches, TVs and Jukebox, Gathering Bell, etc. are still missing.
Now, I don't really need SnB, because it bloats-up the Structres -> Wood- Menu way too much and browsing and building with them isn't any fun at all anymore. But if I delete that mod, including the patch, most of the Vanilla items (and some categories) go missing.

The Hindsight:
I'm afraid that I might have to resign from some mods and delete them, because FO4 can't handle everything I want ^^

Here's a list of mods I use and the according load-order:

Mod-List Part1:

https://gyazo.com/1a470007e5cab893fbae7b4b81dcbcd5

(Please note that I had to disable the Crafting Workbenches and AWKC-related stuff (as shown in the first picture), because somehow in combination with the enhanced dialogue-mod and my recent mod-adding frenzy, it CTD'd my game seconds after launch in the main menu. I'll have to look into that stuff later and find updated versions. After I have a mod setup that I'm comfortable to play/build settlements with...)

Mod-List Part2:

https://gyazo.com/5246e116efeb3114fda863564f53b778

Load-Order:

https://gyazo.com/4b5c8bfb3987376052a124849b9996c9

The Question:
Does anyone find an obvious mistake I made, or did I miss any well-known incompatibilites within my setup?
If I break down a list of "must-have's"/"nice-to-have's" mod list, could you tell me, if a stable setup with all of them is possible?

I would like to use/get following mods to run, without missing (vanilla) menus/items:

Must-have !!! | Nice-to-have ** | Can-I-Haz ?

• Armorsmith Extended !!!
  • Craftable Armor Size ?
  • B.Y.O.P. (Build Your Own Pool) !!!
  • Craftable Balcony Supports ?
  • Craftable Pillars and Support braces ?
  • Craftable Floor Supports ?
  • Crafting Fury 9.000 GTX ?
  • Improved Shack Bridges ?
  • Invisible Furniture **
  • OCDecorator !!!
  • Stackable Concrete Foundations !!!
  • Longer Power Lines !!!
  • (Settlement Keywords (SK) <- Afaik, this is the culprit in most cases?)
  • CBBE **
  • Shack Floors Re-Done 4K ?
  • Better Settlers !!!
  • Better Stores **
  • Busy Settlers **
  • Exotic Creatures - Far Harbor Cages ?
  • Homemaker - Expanded Settlements !!! (Any alternatives?)
  • Housekeeping - Scavenging Deluxe !!!
  • Place Everywhere !!! (with required runtime in the FO4 folder and Desktop-Shortcut // Could that be an issue???)
  • Robot Home Defence **
  • Settlement Resources Rebalanced ?

If not, could you recommend any stable Mod-Setups with as many item variation as possible/as near as many mods that are on my "Must-have-List", without screwing up the menus?

I know that I have a very specific request and that I might can't get help. After all, everyone using mods in FO4 has different preferences on what to use, so...

BTW: I checked the "Ten rules to get a mod setup with a lot of workshop & crafting mods to work", and if you guys can't find a solution I'll have to try that setup.

TL;DR:

I love to use mods. I added a lot of them. Menus/Items gone missing. I have some requirements to my setup, which I really want to work with: Can you figure out, what I'm doing wrong or can you recommend any alternative to trouble-causing mods in my current setup?

Thanks in advance,

any help or feedback appreciated,

best regards,

Phil

EDIT: I used LOOT to check the load-order. After having CTD's through adding Far Harbor, in combination with AWKC/Armorsmith-Mods and Enhanced DIalogue I did a complete run on errors via steam and let it fix missing files. The last thing I did was adding Snap and Build with a patch and that gave me enough items back to play around a few hours. Until I noticed the missing vanilla-items, mentioned earlier.

Last but not least: I DO read the mod pages and follow the instrctions. But I've seen people on YouTube building settlements with much more mods (including Homemaker and others that require Settlement Keywords and they have a very different menu-structure without missing Vanilla Items. I want that. I just don't know, what I'm missing...

If any further information is required, I'm glad to provide. Again: Thanks in advance.

Edited by Noctumanie

You don't have to resign from anything. I have x5 more settlement mods than you have and everything works perfectly. Get Settlements Keywords Independent + Patches (can be either SKI or SKE patch). It edits settlement crafting menu through a script, which solves the issue. I think BYOP now has it's own script and doesn't need a patch.

Settlement Keywords Independent by Stuyk Sharlikran DOOM

Edit: You had old SK (non expanded / independent v1.3). It's outdated. That's why you have all those isses.

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns

Oh my god!
That could be the solution for all my problems, indeed!

I'll try that right now. Maybe I'll clean up/reinstall/update all of my mods, just to be sure.

Thank you very much. How could I have missed that independent version? :pinch:

I'll leave another reply, if it worked for me.

Just make sure to read description when updating your mods. In some cases objects you already have placed will vanish due to changes in mod structure. It's not related to SKI/E, just to some version upgrades for mods like Functional Displays or replacing DDproductions older mods with new AIO. Btw I highly recommend his new DDP AIO Alpha Test THE MERGING IS COMPLETE and Ccmads Settlement Objects Expansion Pack as those are navmeshed for NPCs (they recognize and use stairs, walkways, etc).

How could I have missed that independent version? :pinch:

For some time we didn't had updates for SKE too, but recently Sharlikran got back and everything is in order again. The independed version is quite new, as it was uploaded to public in May, but I'm quite happy with it.

Thank you very much.

You're welcome :wink:

Changing from SK to SKI fixed my problem almost completely.

I now have clean and logically sorted categories. The Far Harbor Homemaker Patch is still required, or else the Barn Structures won't show up. And somehow I have to stick with Snap'n Build, or else the categories get messed up again. Guess I have to accept the extensive scrolling/browsing through the Wooden Structures category...

The one thing I can't seem to fix are the Bar Items under Vendors. I got the Armor- , Weapon-, Medical-, Clothing- and General-Goods Vendors but the Bar Category is completely missing :( I tried adding mods which add floor mats or other counters to work for in general and specifically for Bar vendors, but I can't get that category back.

Any ideas?

Let me know, if you need any mod recommendations ;P

Of course, if you know some mods which add a lot of immersion and/or are lore-friendly, I would like to check them out. Generally I like to stick with the makeshift/worn/rusted look of the settlements in the wasteland, therefore I don't like the clean look of many building mods out there. I'd be happy to get some more, if you're willing to share some recommendations. :)

Changing from SK to SKI fixed my problem almost completely.

I now have clean and logically sorted categories. The Far Harbor Homemaker Patch is still required, or else the Barn Structures won't show up. And somehow I have to stick with Snap'n Build, or else the categories get messed up again. Guess I have to accept the extensive scrolling/browsing through the Wooden Structures category...

The one thing I can't seem to fix are the Bar Items under Vendors. I got the Armor- , Weapon-, Medical-, Clothing- and General-Goods Vendors but the Bar Category is completely missing :sad: I tried adding mods which add floor mats or other counters to work for in general and specifically for Bar vendors, but I can't get that category back.

Any ideas?

Some items got shifted a bit due to new SKI categories:

-Custom shop mats/rugs are under Shops>Vendors-SKI.

-Bar items should be in Shops>Food&Drink.

-Barn category is placed in Structures. I'm not using your FarHarborHomemakerPatch and it's where it is suppose to be.

-New Snap'n Build all in one is activated through a holotape and found under Structures>Snap.

-Only Modular Wood Doorways SNB are under Wood Structures.

-Better Stores v1.3 has it's own category under Decorations.

-BYOP now requires a magazine placed near Vault 111 and has it's own category in main menu.

My Wood Structures are pretty well organized and there isn't that much to scroll through. Make sure you have the latest version and right patches. I believe Better Stores v1.3 doesn't require standalone SK patch.

Of course, if you know some mods which add a lot of immersion and/or are lore-friendly, I would like to check them out. Generally I like to stick with the makeshift/worn/rusted look of the settlements in the wasteland, therefore I don't like the clean look of many building mods out there. I'd be happy to get some more, if you're willing to share some recommendations. :smile:

When you build items from scratch it's often less immersive, if it's super dirty and used up. That's why I like some options to pick from.

Singing Settler by Akarnan

Basement Living by fadingsignal

Settlement Garage Sale

Gruffydd's Signs of the Times

Just Curtains

Just Rugs

Alternate Furniture by Stuyk

Renovated Furniture by aesfocus (with optional dirty textures)

Settler's Furniture by schme

Colored Workshop Lights by mm137

Longer Power Lines Infinite

Power Conduits and Pylon - Passive Power Radius increase

Better Generators by Expired6978

Silent Generators and Turrets by NordicRaven

Where Did I Put That... by OctaviusSentibar + NotWithoutAPen

Do It Yourshelf - clutter for shelves and bookcases

Functional Displays - Display your collection

Looks Mirror by Expired6978

Settlement Attacks Beyond

Snapping Improved (No ESP) by modlurker

Snapping Improved for (DLC WW01)(No ESP) by modlurker

NSO - New Snap Order - snap points for furniture and decor

Buildable Power Armor Frames by Lapdragon (prevents Power Armor reset due to cell reset bug)

You might want to wait a bit with the newest DDProductions AIO, as the author stated in a post that he will most likely add few missing categories and change form ID. This will lead to reset of already crafted objects when updating to new version of this mod.

This one will add a ton of immersive craftable objects like draw bridges, elevators, spiral staircases, glass stuff, lights with shadows, animated water wells, solar panels, buildable bears with hats and weapons, etc.