[Papyrus] How to reference an item's components in relation to "additem"?

customtemplar

I'm working on a mod that needs to have several Constructible Objects that give the player multiple of several types of item. Having failed to get this to work using FLSTs and LLs, I'm going to have to use a script instead.

So the plan is to have the created object be a misc item with a script to give the final items to the player, and then delete it's parent object. I've already done a script that has the items it gives hard coded; but I want this mod to be easily expandable by other modders.

Having a script that instead looks at the components declared under the misc item means that not only do I have to write less code, but anyone wanting to expand it doesn't need to write any code, just attach this script and declare the items they want it to give in the components section.

The issue is that I have no idea how to reference an items components when calling the additem function. I've been unable to find any up to date or detailed Papyrus references for FO4, and either my Google-Fu is weak, or there is no info on how to do this.

I am using Sublime Text 3 with the official PapyrusF4 plugin.