A bunch of ideas of varying complexity, because I love making things difficult for myself!

Jackaline

Ok, I'm gonna preface this with the fact that these aren't not so much requests as just 'man imagine this' because I think we all deserve more joy in our lives.

It turned into a kinda long post, so I divided it into 3 sections, gameplay, environment and NPCs. Basically don't take this post as me trying to bark orders to people, I just think about Skyrim a lot.

GAMEPLAY

• More basic starter map and compass. Upgrades gained from quest progression and special sidequests/NPCs.
    The first map upgrade is from Hadvar/Ralof at Riverwood, where they also give you the low-down on how to use the map. The upgrade is some key locations marked on your map other than just 'go here to become one with the Stormcloakmen'. Maybe a healer, shop, hunting spot, Immersive Stuff™ like that.

RELATED MOD: The Cartographers Map Markers, Feyawen
  • Class decided through unbound quest. Similar to Oblivion but more through in-game choices than dialogue windows.
    When presented with a variety of weapons, which does your character pick up? How do you pass the bear? Confirmation offered when you exit the cave a-la-Oblivion, but makes the unbound quest more thought-provoking either way.
  • Race and class more important. You can't just dramatically switch between playstyles halfway through, you've gotta learn stuff.
    Honestly, this the element with the most missed potential imo. Each race has certain head-starts on abilities, but overall they don't make a hell of a lot of difference. Ideally, with a specific race or class would come some pre-unlocked specializations, while the others you'd have to work on leveling up and unlocking before you can use them properly. Like a prerequisite on each perk tree. Way more rewarding.
  • Buffs AND debuffs. Enchantments and potions similar to Morrowind. You've gotta work at it to get smithing/brewing/cooking/enchanting without drawbacks.
    I really liked how you couldn't make these perfect potions right off the bat in Morrowind! Crafting things in the first place isn't a total fiasco, but unless you're properly trained, they're not gonna be as good as if you'd bought them from a professional. Armor is less effective, potions have side-effects, enchantments have mysterious outcomes. I'm totally just thinking about the Boots of Blinding Speed right now. God that was funny.

RELATED MOD: Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul, Kryptopyr
  • More potential followers and abilities from quests. Those occasional fun NPCs from sidequests can show their gratitude.
    I know there are mods that technically do this in the sense that you can 'make' anyone follow you, but man it would be nice to just have SOME people offer to follow you, instead of just breaking out the really intrusively-named spell and pretending like you didn't just effectively brainwash someone. I totally thought I'd get an awesome wolf follower after the pit wolf fiasco, or like a Call-Wolf ability, but nah. You're playing a computer game, the animals are fake and nothing matters. Go roll in the grass or go to a social club if you want immersion, dumbass. Like, alright I guess...
  • Special abilities can be learned from trainers, quests and rare books. Already sort of happens, but just more so I guess.
    I mean, hell, every single sidequest seems to end in some crappy enchanted sword, why can't it be a cool rare spellbook for once? Why can't the real gift be friendship, and the abilities whoever's ass you just saved or fought alongside can teach you? This one's pretty vague, sorry.
  • Some quests have requirements. Like the Thieves Guild Requirements mod, but with more stuff that weirdly gets thrust upon you.
    Daedra are more picky... Man I'm kinda delirious right now, you get the idea.

RELATED MOD: Thieves Guild Requirements, Kryptopyr

ENVIRONMENT

• More interesting items found in the world. Building on what I was saying with the buffs and debuffs, but on pre-placed items.
    I love the Morrowloot mod, so much potential was missed when the Skyrim team made this huge rich environment and then just kinda didn't put anything in it. Oblivion has some cheeky little gems hidden in there (especially if you f*** up the water engine and just come across a rotten corpse with a love note floating a few meters up in the air while traveling through the hills) but Skyrim doesn't do a whole lot considering how many freaky mages and grand thieves are supposed to be about. Ideally, there would be more stuff just kinda hidden around in general, but even just the occasional more creative item found in someone's chest would be nice. A little fun trivia/context to go with them would be even nicer.

RELATED MOD: Morrowloot, TrainWiz
  • Different types of locks have different attributes. Elven locks have narrower hotspot, Falmer locks brea the pick more easily, Dwemer locks more likely to be booby-trapped.
    I know I'm dreaming here. I seriously doubt this one's doable short of a total engine re-write, it's just nice to think about. We deserve nice things sometimes.
  • Can't sit on every seat. The only sittable seats are ones with specifically nice views, or to by a table to have a conversation with an NPC.
    This one's gonna be really down to taste, no hard feelings if you hate it. But like, I get it, in real life you can just sit down wherever you want, but also it's kind of distracting to constantly have the game offer you a seat whenever you're going literally anywhere.
  • Crawling and jumping physically required. More dynamic environment in terms of obstacles and tactics.
    I just really like the idea of hiding in a little nook where the boss can't reach me while I catch my breath, it'd amp up the drama a lot imo. You could also use this to implement secret areas that aren't blindingly obvious, or make the agonizing descent into an unknown cave way more unnerving.

NPCS

• Different races have different meshes and textures.
    I know there are mods around that do this already, I just don't really vibe with them. It feels like most of them are just about height and tit/butt size more than anything. Redguards should really have lighter palms/soles, orcs should be more sturdy and heavy-set beyond just 'Increase Arm'. I would LOVE to do this, alone or as a collab effort, I just don't know how to start.

RELATED MOD: Unique Bodies by Race, Twags514
  • Ongoing interactions with both Hadvar and Ralof. Make them actually relevant characters that continue to help you.
    Again, weak-ass here didn't play the civil war plotline so I don't know what involvement they have in that. But seriously, you come out of dragon hell with them and feel real bonded and everything and then they just dump you in Riverwood like 'later, join the Imperials lol.' That's stupid and I want to go home. Can't believe I came to this barren wasteland just to get nearly executed then have my heart broken. And you know what, I wanna see the other guy too, it's hardly like I'm now fully committed to one side or the other after my first quest - make more of an effort, guys.
  • Hadvar/Ralof give practical advice. How/where to get healed, buy and sell produce and gear, etc.
    I really like how their comment on your standing stone choice changes depending on which one you choose, would it be possible to take this further and have them give a line based on your class? Bounty details for a thief, how to get to Winterhold for a mage, stuff like that.
  • More useful NPCs in general. Introductory NPCs give a more involved explanation on how to do things, people do more than sell and train.
    Farengar and Arcadia could definitely be more involved, say show you the ropes in their professions after you complete quests for them. Mostly I just have a crush on Farengar and wish his dialogue progressed more than 'you should go to that school.' Healers can be found in all/most cities, some charge, some don't. Maybe make 'training' more of an actual interaction than the equivalent of those screens in Spongebob that say how much time went by. Maybe Runs-Marathons-Lots can tell me to do a few laps, I don't know.
  • Bosses talk more. Boss fights are more unique, add to the story more than 'and then they died'.
    This happens a little bit in The Black Star and it's nice as hell. It just feels like most of the Skyrim boss battles are super anti-climatic and lack any weight or meaning. Where's the drama? Where's the slightly preposterous rants in the middle of battle? Give me some food-for-thought that isn't in your diary for once.
  • Followers don't go on irrelevant spiels. Either short, unintrusive sounds or insight specific to the situation.
    Christ I am sick of hearing Cicero's f***ing monologues, but I don't want to totally silence him? Both of those options are kind of weird to me. I don't mind the humming and stuff, the final straw for me was the repetitive rhymes. Mannimarco's unintelligible mumbling is cute and adds to his character a lot I reckon. I don't know if there are any particularly on-edge followers but they could sometimes get startled by things. Little things like that. With the specific insight, obviously that wouldn't really be feasible with all the followers you can get (let alone with getting them to avoid all talking over each other probably). But I see some followers have opinions on places and quests and I love that. I don't know, not an expert. Kinda dumb, actually. I'm just sad about this.

RELATED MOD: Skyrim Relationship Dialogue Overhaul, cloudedtruth !! upcoming July/August !!
  • Followers don't chat while sneaking. Actually act like someone trying not to be detected.
    This part isn't really feasible I'm guessing but imagine how cool it would be if their pain sounds were different when they were trying to sneak, too?

Yep. If people were interested in an idea but no one was willing to make it, I could actually try make some of them myself.

So far I've only done textures and basic race mods, but I could have a go especially if other people wanted to help out.

I'm a really visual person but I'm alright with codes in general. My SO is an actor and also loves Skyrim, she's offered to help out in the voice department and we have access to a decent mic.

I'd totally be down to collab on any of these, even if we didn't have a whole lot of combined knowledge or experience! Either way, I'd love to hear any feedback.

Edited by Jackaline

Ok, I'm gonna preface this with the fact that these aren't not so much requests as just 'man imagine this' because I think we all deserve more joy in our lives.

It turned into a kinda long post, so I divided it into 3 sections, gameplay, environment and NPCs. Basically don't take this post as me trying to bark orders to people, I just think about Skyrim a lot.

GAMEPLAY

• Race and class more important. You can't just dramatically switch between playstyles halfway through, you've gotta learn stuff.
    Honestly, this the element with the most missed potential imo. Each race has certain head-starts on abilities, but overall they don't make a hell of a lot of difference. Ideally, with a specific race or class would come some pre-unlocked specializations, while the others you'd have to work on leveling up and unlocking before you can use them properly. Like a prerequisite on each perk tree. Way more rewarding.
  • Buffs AND debuffs. Enchantments and potions similar to Morrowind. You've gotta work at it to get smithing/brewing/cooking/enchanting without drawbacks.
    I really liked how you couldn't make these perfect potions right off the bat in Morrowind! Crafting things in the first place isn't a total fiasco, but unless you're properly trained, they're not gonna be as good as if you'd bought them from a professional. Armor is less effective, potions have side-effects, enchantments have mysterious outcomes. I'm totally just thinking about the Boots of Blinding Speed right now. God that was funny.

RELATED MOD: Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul, Kryptopyr
  • More potential followers and abilities from quests. Those occasional fun NPCs from sidequests can show their gratitude.
    I know there are mods that technically do this in the sense that you can 'make' anyone follow you, but man it would be nice to just have SOME people offer to follow you, instead of just breaking out the really intrusively-named spell and pretending like you didn't just effectively brainwash someone. I totally thought I'd get an awesome wolf follower after the pit wolf fiasco, or like a Call-Wolf ability, but nah. You're playing a computer game, the animals are fake and nothing matters. Go roll in the grass or go to a social club if you want immersion, dumbass. Like, alright I guess...
  • Special abilities can be learned from trainers, quests and rare books. Already sort of happens, but just more so I guess.
    I mean, hell, every single sidequest seems to end in some crappy enchanted sword, why can't it be a cool rare spellbook for once? Why can't the real gift be friendship, and the abilities whoever's ass you just saved or fought alongside can teach you? This one's pretty vague, sorry.
  • Some quests have requirements. Like the Thieves Guild Requirements mod, but with more stuff that weirdly gets thrust upon you.
    Daedra are more picky... Man I'm kinda delirious right now, you get the idea.

RELATED MOD: Thieves Guild Requirements, Kryptopyr

---------------------------------------------------

ENVIRONMENT

• More interesting items found in the world. Building on what I was saying with the buffs and debuffs, but on pre-placed items.
    I love the Morrowloot mod, so much potential was missed when the Skyrim team made this huge rich environment and then just kinda didn't put anything in it. Oblivion has some cheeky little gems hidden in there (especially if you f*** up the water engine and just come across a rotten corpse with a love note floating a few meters up in the air while traveling through the hills) but Skyrim doesn't do a whole lot considering how many freaky mages and grand thieves are supposed to be about. Ideally, there would be more stuff just kinda hidden around in general, but even just the occasional more creative item found in someone's chest would be nice. A little fun trivia/context to go with them would be even nicer.

RELATED MOD: Morrowloot, TrainWiz
  • Different types of locks have different attributes. Elven locks have narrower hotspot, Falmer locks brea the pick more easily, Dwemer locks more likely to be booby-trapped.
    I know I'm dreaming here. I seriously doubt this one's doable short of a total engine re-write, it's just nice to think about. We deserve nice things sometimes.

---------------------------------------------------

NPCS

• Bosses talk more. Boss fights are more unique, add to the story more than 'and then they died'.
    This happens a little bit in The Black Star and it's nice as hell. It just feels like most of the Skyrim boss battles are super anti-climatic and lack any weight or meaning. Where's the drama? Where's the slightly preposterous rants in the middle of battle? Give me some food-for-thought that isn't in your diary for once.
  • Followers don't go on irrelevant spiels. Either short, unintrusive sounds or insight specific to the situation.
    Christ I am sick of hearing Cicero's f***ing monologues, but I don't want to totally silence him? Both of those options are kind of weird to me. I don't mind the humming and stuff, the final straw for me was the repetitive rhymes. Mannimarco's unintelligible mumbling is cute and adds to his character a lot I reckon. I don't know if there are any particularly on-edge followers but they could sometimes get startled by things. Little things like that. With the specific insight, obviously that wouldn't really be feasible with all the followers you can get (let alone with getting them to avoid all talking over each other probably). But I see some followers have opinions on places and quests and I love that. I don't know, not an expert. Kinda dumb, actually. I'm just sad about this.
  • Followers don't chat while sneaking. Actually act like someone trying not to be detected.
    This part isn't really feasible I'm guessing but imagine how cool it would be if their pain sounds were different when they were trying to sneak, too?

Yep. If people were interested in an idea but no one was willing to make it, I could actually try make some of them myself.

So far I've only done textures and basic race mods, but I could have a go especially if other people wanted to help out.

I'm a really visual person but I'm alright with codes in general. My SO is an actor and also loves Skyrim, she's offered to help out in the voice department and we have access to a decent mic.

I'd totally be down to collab on any of these, even if we didn't have a whole lot of combined knowledge or experience! Either way, I'd love to hear any feedback.

Glad, i'm not the only one how thinks about stuff to, as sojourner22 mentioned, there are some parts already done, although can go futher. in his suggestion, i may suggest mods such as

Follower commetary overhaul (cool but very repetitive, just adds more dialogue)

Dynamic Follower Dialogue (Less repetitive, adds minor stuff to give more life to followers)

Follower Rewritten (It's just one, but it's really well done)

These mods won't fill to much your request, but allow you a bit of control of some of their interaction, in another way, adds a bit more life to them.

As for a limit mod, the only thing as for now (unless someone can point me out) is.:

The choice is yours http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26359/?

But i heavly agree, that in the vanilla game, you can aciddentaly end up doing X,Y and Z at the same time that kills the lore while playing it.

It is one of the things I have always imaginated. dreaming to progress the game dramatically while with harmony, in an immersive, delightful and logical way.

in the vanilla game, you can end up at X,Y, Z, W, K and even more all at the same time. having a mod that adds limits based on region, guild, and Big quests would be incredibly welcome. =D where you can, at max, make X, and Y for drama sake, and being only allowed to make more than two quests, if sidequests of smaller impact to the main game.

as for feedback, related to make itens more unique, giving more meaning to rewards, and add a immersive and logical experience, well

how to make low leveled itens more relevant to the vanilla game, and make rewards unique and truly satisfactory plus usefull, while the player scale as he progress?

i think, drawing may explain better:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/23/1465168764-vanilla-chart.png

Ideia

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/23/1465168764-ideia-chart.png

Basically, the goal of this suggestion is to.:

Make the player be careful with it's equipment,

Encourage to use it tacticaly

Give value and purpose to low leveled and obsolete items

And make rewards highly useful and truly unique.

A) there are two mods who aim to do that, (Repair armors and weapows, where in one of them you can even loose it if not treated well the equipament) other that attempt to use armor as a recipe to advance, instead of building new ones, and others, how adds machups of armor.

if any mooder give progression to mods like this, but adds exceptions to rare itens. (from bosses, quests rewards and so on) but make it more dynamic. will be very intersting.

for example, your armor can get damaged (and loose a part of it), when you loot a dead enemy after a combat, instead of getting a fresh and perfect armor set, you will get a heavy chance to get usable parts of the armor, in which you can build a new one, use to repair your current armor (if compatible), or use it to improve/advance it. for example, from Scaled Armor to Scaled Horn Armor.

B) in this case, i would like to suggest some small changes to the vanilla, in wich your armor, weapow can eventually get old and loose quality. this one, will have a very small impact in the gameplay, as will only take in consideration where you go with your equipamment. if you swimming with inappropriate equipment, or ride in a hot or freezing place, the effect is based on days, and it's slow (from rating level to level) basically affecting a bit of efficiency. as for enchantment. like poison, some weapows and armors can loose its magic too, and not get a eternal enchantment, making the player be carefull to not loose a powerfull skill.

C) Keept the same as vanilla, but like the morrowloot mod, you won't see it getting sold by any vendor, and instead of being rare to find, it will need some quests/ perk to be easier to miner ore/craft armor. etc

D) In the vanilla game, scaling has only one propose, getting stronger. giving more meaning to armors and weapows, can help to make it unique. for example, elven armor give a hidden resistance to magic, Orcish, has a hidden buff to resist violent attacks and feral creatures, Dwarven, good against ancient thing, massive creatures, and mechanical ones, and so on, while having it's own nerfs. Dwarven not being good against assassins, Orcish being more vulnerable to magic, Elven being weaker to to massive creatures. etc.

E) Due to the combination of said elements. rewards and especial itens could be isent of these effects, or be lightly affected by it, being more usefull to the player.

F) The player will not overacumulate itens anymore as lower leveled itens could be discartable. and being recycled for other purposes.

G) There are many mods who adds machups, or new itens to the game. as said in A, would be cool to see the player upgrading, instead of discarting it to get the coolest one.

H) Some itens could be designed to used like potions/poison, being usefull, rewarding, but destined to be consumed, being breaked like A, into smaller loot, or losing it enchantment, and turning into a normal ring. etc.

I) God like itens could be teoricaly limited, so the player won't walk with Daedric armor or dragonbone armored to a apocalypse, as if using a commom shirt in the middle of the city.

Edited by TheBxushis

Yeah, I already have improved follower stealth AI and they still babble on and on. Super frustrating.

Yes!!! I like all of these ideas, I hadn't thought too in depth about how exactly the unique loot would be accomplished but I LOVE that one about salvaging parts from enemies armor to improve your own!!