Remove the need for a master file?

demonofsarila

I made a mod that's basically a vampire mod. It has like a perk, some potions, and some scripts. For some reason CK decided it needs Settlement Keywords. I honestly have no clue why. SK has now been replaced with SKE.

Is there some way I can track down why my mod (that to my knowledge doesn't mess with the settlement system) says it needs SK? What I'm reading in the docs for SKE talks about adding stuff to the settlement menu by adding keyword, and I definitely didn't change the settlement menu.

Did you have anything other than the Fallout4.esm selected when you created the plugin? If you had any other mods selected then they become required files. You can use FO4Edit to remove the required masters/plugins.

There's been times where I loaded it with just about every mod in my game selected, but SK is the only required one.

Also I'm pretty sure I didn't load in with SK before CK decided that was a required file. Usually I just scroll down, double click my mod, click set as active, and then Ok to load. CK grabs the required files on it's own.

Also I have nothing against FO4Edit (it's quite handy for some tasks), but last time I tried to use it to edit this mod, I ended up having to start the mod over from scratch. Yes there are other issues that could have lead to that, but are you sure FO4Edit doesn't save esp files a bit differently than CK? My preference is to figure out why CK set it that way in the first place.

Edit: Nevermind, I found out FO4Edit has gotten better, so I'll just back up everything and give it a go.

Edited by demonofsarila