Less Nuclear Option

dreamavatar33

I would love to see a mod where the Nuclear Option is not quite so nuclear. So basically what I mean is that instead of setting of the full on nuclear explosion to destroy the institute you instead set of something like and EMP ans take out all the tech including gen 1 and 2 synths. This would leave the structure intact for future use and research and you could choose how you deal with the remaining humans and gen 3 synths. It made little sense to me that you utterly destroy the entire base instead of trying to take it over. Especially for the Brotherhood who horde such things. I'm on PS4 but to just know if something like this is possible would be great.

An EMP that takes out all tech including gen 1 and 2 synths wouldn't be ideal as that would certainly take out NIck, if he should happen to be traveling with you. Taking over the institute with the Minutemen or Railroad and having to build that "final settlement" that is much larger and more complex would definitely be interesting. Maybe you would have to find a way to make it work with your existing settlements.

I was thinking you would run this similar to the existing quest and relay out anyone you want before setting off the emp. I just wondered if this level of alteration was possible at all since I don't have the pc version of the game and can't mod myself.