DDP MY MODS ARE DOWN, COMMENCE ATTACK ON BETHESDAS MAIN PLATFORM

DDProductions83

Subtle, Darren. Then again, I expected nothing less from you.

Subtly is my middle name, right after "NUKE THEM ALL" and "WATCH THE WORLD BURN IN RIGHTEOUS FIRE"

Let's just say I've worked someplaces where they decided to truncate my nametag

Darren - it's spelled 'subtlety' :D There's a joke in there somewhere.

This explains why my scripts never work when I code things. Public education at its finest!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel as if taking a "let's go to war", scorched earth style stance against the creators of the game you're trying to mod is a bad idea. Push too many buttons, and we might end up with a, "Fine. No third party mod sources allowed. Play by our rules or nothing." sort of recoil reaction. It's happened in other games before when issues with modding have rolled through communities, and while I'm sure there's ways around that (like when they disabled mods for the older beta versions), it just adds a new layer of misery to anyone trying to keep on trucking through the problems and keep support going for their mods that they host on said third party websites (that are much better than Bethesda's attempt, anyway), or for people trying to enjoy and support their favorite modders that are doing their best to play nice. Just my opinion anyway, since I found this thread linked over at Bethesda's forums on their own "let's go to war!" sort of post about the people here on the Nexus.

Modding for consoles was always gonna be bumpy, shame beth didn't listen to people like DDP83... most of this could have been preempted if they had.

He pretty much had whats happening now down to a tee, months ago.

Crap I did? I mean.. Yes, Yes I did, I am that awesome! Actually that does sound like me, but I forget what I did 30 min ago, probably was in one of the GTKYMA interviews I wager.

I feel as if taking a "let's go to war", scorched earth style stance against the creators of the game you're trying to mod is a bad idea. Push too many buttons, and we might end up with a, "Fine. No third party mod sources allowed. Play by our rules or nothing." sort of recoil reaction. It's happened in other games before when issues with modding have rolled through communities, and while I'm sure there's ways around that (like when they disabled mods for the older beta versions), it just adds a new layer of misery to anyone trying to keep on trucking through the problems and keep support going for their mods that they host on said third party websites (that are much better than Bethesda's attempt, anyway), or for people trying to enjoy and support their favorite modders that are doing their best to play nice. Just my opinion anyway, since I found this thread linked over at Bethesda's forums on their own "let's go to war!" sort of post about the people here on the Nexus.

Modding for consoles was always gonna be bumpy, shame beth didn't listen to people like DDP83... most of this could have been preempted if they had.

He pretty much had whats happening now down to a tee, months ago.

Crap I did? I mean.. Yes, Yes I did, I am that awesome! Actually that does sound like me, but I forget what I did 30 min ago, probably was in one of the GTKYMA interviews I wager.

lol, if I remember right it was.

To be honest though this whole thing was bound to happen, they never learned from the whole paid modding thing...

I think Arthmoor is trying to say it isn't helpful to have a bunch of people spew bile and vitriol in Bethesda's direction because that doesn't exactly make them want to listen to your complaints

Definitely raise an outcry but...don't be shitboots about it

I honestly don't think outright attacking Bethesda is going to help us to get them communicating more. There's already plenty of bile from the other side, we don't need to add to it.

They stopped communicating when Oblivion was released.

Reposted from the Youtube video, because I think it needs to be said:

I sympathize about your mods being appropriated for distribution against your wishes on bethesda.net, but I don't think flaming anyone on the internet is going to be extremely productive. The whole situation stinks, but is this really helping?

Edited by Jeoshua

Jeoshua, if everyone was rational, this world would have no problems and we'd have no conflict. But reality is a bit different, and anarchy is fun as f***, so we have chaps like DD do crazy s***. Because internet, that's why.

Anyway, jokes aside, besides the mountain of requests you get in the comments section, really not that bad. I mean, provided your mod works, if someone tries to bad-mouth it, expect a few other guys to jump him.

That being said, I have no idea why DD continues to mod for a game whose company he hates considerably. I mean, it's not exactly paying the bills, is it?

Edited by dazzerfong

Well DD mods because he enjoys doing it regardless of the company that created the game. I've heard him say that he'd rather mod than play the game. Modding is a challenge for him.

I agree with his tactics. I'm not a modder but I appreciate what modders do and the amount of time and effort they put into it. If the community doesn't speak up then who will Beth listen to? Or maybe in the end they'll just turn a deaf ear anyway but at least you have to try to get them to listen. And to think that Beth will just get pissed off and say no more modding will be allowed is absurd. They couldn't ever be that stupid...

I can understand the frustration of modders who've had their work stolen but I have to agree that starting a flame war or spewing out hate isn't going to help. As a popular modder you have a duty to try to remain level headed so as to not send out a legion of fans looking for a witch to burn. By all means be angry at bethesda but use that anger in a way that is constructive and can bring about positive change with out a crap ton of collateral damage. We have to be better than bethesda is acting and be better than the people stealing the mods. Is it hard? Hell yes it's hard but the only way we "win" is by sticking to the high ground and remaining rational.