Call of Duty Soda Mod

Succubism

FOLLOW AND TRY THE MOD HERE

http://i.imgur.com/auQIMAb.png

Due to the nature of the site, I can't in good conscience post a link to it, however it should be noted that a copy of this thread can also be found on the LoversLab forum under the Fallout 4 Non-Adult mod section. Please be aware that the website is predominantly targetted towards people of ages 18 and over and should not be accessed by those that don't meet that criteria, hense why I'm not posting a link.

Remember, google is your friend.

Hey guys. New modder on the scene here.

What would you say to a mod that attempts to take the brands of Soda from the Call of Duty: Zombies games and attempts to rework them so they have their own effects, are added to the level-lists and even have their own original lore integrated into the Wasteland?

So far I have the textures ready for Juggernog, Speed-Cola and Quick Revive. I'm thinking the effects of these named sodas will be a boost to health and damage resistance, reload speed and a slight movement bonus and a chem addiction remover and stimpak magnitude bonus, respectively.

I've been playing around with a few ideas, perhaps seeing if I can integrate the soda jingles into the radio channels, sort of like an advertisement between songs.

At a stretch, I would also like to make a factory somewhere in the commonwealth where these sodas were made, giving an indication on the story behind the factory before the war. Perhaps even tease the player with the prospect of a highly irradiated batch of soda that caused a very small but business ruining zombie outbreak in the factory?

I have a few other, really cool ideas but I want to keep them close to my chest for the time being.

Ideally I would like to create a bottle for every perk-soda that exists. But for the meantime I'll be sticking with the original four, the three I mentioned earlier and Double Tap. I may get the textures and bottles ready in the mod, however I won't be adding them to levelling lists until they have their own, balanced effects. They'll only be acquirable for testing purposes through the console.

FYI: Because of the nature of this mod's assets that do not belong to me, such as the logo designs, jingles if I add them, etc, I do not plan to accept any sort of donation for this mod. This is purely for fun.

I'll be posting in game screenshots, when they're integrated.

The above was written on another forum at the time of the mod's creation, the following is a recent abridgement to update on the above statement's developments.

Details of the bottles, their effects and how they're going to fit into the wasteland can be found on the second link at the top, which will take you to the Nexus Mod page, where what I feel comfortable sharing is written in comprehensive detail, as well as how far in development each feature is.

You may notice if you do follow that link, that some of my ideas have been crossed out, one in particular is the "jingle" idea, which is all but impossible due to both legal reasons and the Nexus ToS regarding using third-party resources without permission. I will attempt to gain permission, but thinking realistically I don't think I'll get it, so don't plan for this to be featured any time soon unless I suddenly grow a musical bone or someone who has said bone provides me with their own resources.

Similarly, vending machines may not be included, at least not using the models straight from CoD:Z. Again, I can attempt to gain permission to use those resources but I don't think I'll be able to include these models unless I make them myself or someone more skilled makes them for me.

I've never assumed I'd be able to simply use another game's features, which is why I included these possible features as a stretch. But there's always a chance, so they will continue to be listed on the page until I know for certain it will never happen.

Edited by Succubism

http://i.imgur.com/auQIMAb.png

Hey guys. New modder on the scene here.

What would you say to a mod that attempts to take the brands of Soda from the Call of Duty: Zombies games and attempts to rework them so they have their own effects, are added to the level-lists and even have their own original lore integrated into the Wasteland?

So far I have the textures ready for Juggernog, Speed-Cola and Quick Revive. I'm thinking the effects of these named sodas will be a boost to health and damage resistance, reload speed and a slight movement bonus and a chem addiction remover and stimpak magnitude bonus, respectively.

I've been playing around with a few ideas, perhaps seeing if I can integrate the soda jingles into the radio channels, sort of like an advertisement between songs.

At a stretch, I would also like to make a factory somewhere in the commonwealth where these sodas were made, giving an indication on the story behind the factory before the war. Perhaps even tease the player with the prospect of a highly irradiated batch of soda that caused a very small but business ruining zombie outbreak in the factory?

I have a few other, really cool ideas but I want to keep them close to my chest for the time being.

Ideally I would like to create a bottle for every perk-soda that exists. But for the meantime I'll be sticking with the original four, the three I mentioned earlier and Double Tap. I may get the textures and bottles ready in the mod, however I won't be adding them to levelling lists until they have their own, balanced effects. They'll only be acquirable for testing purposes through the console.

FYI: Because of the nature of this mod's assets that do not belong to me, such as the logo designs, jingles if I add them, etc, I do not plan to accept any sort of donation for this mod. This is purely for fun.

I'll be posting in game screenshots, when they're integrated.

I think the best way is to use the same shape of the bottle, like it is in COD series. BUT It would be much more better if with them comes some effects like in cod.

I think the best way is to use the same shape of the bottle, like it is in COD series. BUT It would be much more better if with them comes some effects like in cod.

I doubt I could capture the same exact effects that exist in CoD without some serious scripting and like I said, I'm a new modder.

For now, the effects are gonna be mundane, but handy.

As for the style in bottle, I decided to have the original four be in the Nuka bottles and the rest be in mundane beer bottles.

I'm gonna make it make sense in the lore. I promise.

Today I'm working on the other drinks.

These drinks will not use the Nuka Cola bottle mesh. In fact, the other drinks will use different bottle meshes entirely, depending on the drink.

I'll be using a beer bottle texture for most alcoholic beverages, though Daiquiri may be something different. Typically it's served in a coctail glass, but I doubt you'll have the fine crystal with you in the common wealth, though that would be pretty funny.

I'm starting with Electric Cherry. Be sure to look at the nexus page for further details on the mod.

EDIT:

Electric Cherry item

Who's Who item

Edited by Succubism

Good lord there's a lot of drinks.

Widow's Kiss, Vulture Aid, Der Wunderfizz...

I do plan to add them if they aren't listed, though if they don't fit, I won't.

Der Wunderfizz seems a little silly, being German. But I suppose if there's a Japanese noodle-bot...

We'll see.

Tombstone Soda is admitadly a problem.

Given it's effects in CoD:Z, the lack of free-use assets, the color of the drink, etc.

In essence, expect this bottle to change, if it even gets a label at all. For now, it has a very faded one and it's a grey color, because I didn't like the luminescent purple.

Picture

EDIT: It bothered me I was using someone else's resource without permission, even if it was heavily editted.

For now I'm going to use a label without an emblem.

Edited by Succubism