All my mods vanished over night.

MasterCookieee

Let me tell you a true story.

It is 3:00 in the morning. I just installed a crap ton of mods because I decided to do a clean reinstall of skyrim. All mods are downloaded and worked fine before I slept. I decided to shut down my computer because I was tired and I didn't want to oversleep the plans I had in the afternoon. I decided to play a little bit of skyrim before I left my house. I notice that Mod Organizer said that it was the first time launching it. Strange because I used it last night. I click no to the tutorial and load in Mod Organizer. Left pane is surprisingly empty. I notice that no mods were installed. WTF.jpg. Can someone tell me what the f*** is going on. Thanks peeps.

Edited by MasterCookieee

Check your Mod Organizer directory then. If you installed everything to the desktop then MO should have put a folder on your desktop that says "Mod Organizer". If there is one, open it and look for the folder that says "Mods" or something like that. Your mods should be there.

Now, are you sure you didn't install it twice? Are you sure you didn't run the installer again instead of opening the shortcut it created?

The mods folder in the Mod Organizer folder on my desktop doesn't have any mods in it. Through the installer, It gave me an error that prevented me from installing it in the first place. Therefore, it didn't create its own shortcut on my desktop and I don't know if reattempting to install the Mod Organizer through installer (got the same error that prevented installation) may have messed up my mod directory or the stability of the program.

I think it's time to just start fresh. It would be a lot simpler that way I think. I suggest following this guide (it's a playlist so watch all of the videos).

Mod Organizer by Gopher:

Edited by DaddyDirection