Radiant Quests overhaul for factions

Redfin72

What I found missing from the game that came to my attention again recently was exactly what you see in the title, combat based faction radiant quests..

and no I'm not talking about that crap rhys sends you on. Stupid Rhys.. And that B.O.S defend the checkpoint thing.. so half arsed.

I was thinking more radiant quests that vary in location AND involve npc's.. more fleshed out than go fetch or go kill this quests. examples per faction include

B.O.S - Clearing the commonwealth, but with a randomized group of B.O.S soldiers assaulting a significantly harder location i.e scrapyard palace.

Minutemen - Trader Distress Call, leading a group of liberty fighters to defend traders pinned down by raiders, or another hostile.

Institute - Help a courser track down a synth for reclamation, amount of synths varying along with resistance and/or railroad presence.

Railroad, smuggle a synth out of the commonwealth whilst being met by hostile resistance.. getting a synth from a location to a boat, or a location at the edge of the map. (institute, or B.O.S.. if both destroyed raiders)

Additionally any faction could have patrol quests that involve routes that pass through or close to a hostile location, inciting a fight.

I think these kinds of quest would keep people excited post-campaign, making them feel like there was a way they could always help the faction they've gone to bed with, whilst immersing the player in what you kind of see the factions doing AROUND you rather than with you.

Hopefully some people talented working with in game assets like this idea. (I'm on ps4 but I thought it would be something nice for PC players at least to have even if I won't be able to access it.. looking back remembering how I wished I could be part of those patrols and search teams and such that you see around the game.)

also this was my first post, sorry if I did anything wrong or out of order, it's nice to be here :D

Edited by Redfin72

seconded for the purposes of furthering this and ushering it into reality
there's a few mods that deal with spawns and patrols etc, but nothing that deals with quests directly, I don't know how to make those because I'm terrible, I know, and I'm sorry, but not sorry, but I really am actually

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4110840-i-accidentally-a-whole-new-storyline-for-all-kinds-of-crazy-good/

literally one of the key components to creating a living world that is fallout 4 :D

Edited by tartarsauce2

Firstly: I second this mod being realized.

Secondly: I am a avid writer, 3d modeler and music composer and as such could I have the Redfin72's permission to draft up some music/quest objectives and dialogue/etc? Of course everybody is welcome to provide feedback/constructive criticism as well.

This would be great, but all means you and anyone else who thinks they can push this into reality in some way, go crazy haha.

With my limited knowledge of mods and how they work I'm pretty sure that a focus would need to be toward the quest objectives and dialogue

seeing as I imagine most of the mod will involve in-game assets. However don't let this limit your creativity.

• 3 weeks later...