Who has been to Bar Harbor?

krwada

OK ... Who here has been to Bar Harbor Maine? I went there a few years ago. It is a wonderful place. I can definitely see the geographic similarity of Mt. Desert Island and the Far Harbor expansion.

Acadia National Park is also very nice too.

We stayed at Blue Hills Maine. I went fishing a lot on the ocean when I was there. I caught a ton of mackerel. There is fish and lobster everywhere there.

I haven't, but I'll admit to thinking of local areas with a mind to FPS and scavenging myself
there's some really good places for that kind of thing out in the world, who'd have thought real, live, living people could design interesting things to be sorta put into video games

I haven't, but I'll admit to thinking of local areas with a mind to FPS and scavenging myself

there's some really good places for that kind of thing out in the world, who'd have thought real, live, living people could design interesting things to be sorta put into video games

I thought it was really cool when I traveled down to the Mojave and the area surrounding Lake Mead. Did you know that the Poseidon energy array in New Vegas is really modeled after a penitentiary near the Barstow area?

I did get to see Nipton, and the town that was used to model Goodsprings. I was disappointed when I did not see the concourse in the main Las Vegas Airport, (McCarran) ... I then headed on over to the main car-rental building ... and guess what? The car-rental building looks just like the New-Vegas McCarran concourse!

o_O
there' a military fortress and an armory around where I live
and the armory looks like a proper castle
and the fortress is anti-naval but still has its neat things

oh my god you could retool this entire city and it could be amazing
omgomgomg stahhhhhhhhhhp you're giving me too many ideas already~

I like where this is going

Edited by tartarsauce2

I thought it was really cool when I traveled down to the Mojave and the area surrounding Lake Mead. Did you know that the Poseidon energy array in New Vegas is really modeled after a penitentiary near the Barstow area?

I did get to see Nipton, and the town that was used to model Goodsprings. I was disappointed when I did not see the concourse in the main Las Vegas Airport, (McCarran) ... I then headed on over to the main car-rental building ... and guess what? The car-rental building looks just like the New-Vegas McCarran concourse!

I have seen many videos of game designers traveling to various places to gather pictures and artifacts to place into the video games. It is a lot of fun to actually travel to these places and see the similarities in the video games.

By the way ... The Far Harbor Acadia visitor's center looks just like the Acadia Visitor Center at Hull Cove.

Of course ... the real Bar Harbor is a very nice upscale and trendy place. It really is the definition of a Maine resort town.

I prefer Blue Hills though.

The best I can tell though ... I think the in-game Acadia Visitors center is a mash-up of the actual Acadia Visitor's center and the Schoodic Education Center

yeah well that's a way to get around any issues involving real life places, mixing them up a bit
because some years ago some people that shot up a school basically made a game map of it or something, and everyone's been paranoid since lol
but it's sooooo awesome to put real life stuff in

Edited by tartarsauce2

I haven't been to the east coast yet. But my wife and I took some pics in the Mojave and compared them to screenshots of the same places. The likeness was striking.

WARNING - self promotion ahead...........

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58439/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59525/?

I haven't been to the east coast yet. But my wife and I took some pics in the Mojave and compared them to screenshots of the same places. The likeness was striking.

WARNING - self promotion ahead...........

www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58439/?

www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59525/?

don't worry you're not promoting anything AFAIK, the links don't work :p

(kinda wish they did hah you've got me curious now)