MILKMEN - An Upcoming DLC-Sized Mod for Fallout 4

Testudini

http://i.imgur.com/I3mM27c.png

"Rumors speak of a man who traveled the wasteland, helping any in need and giving them a warm glass of milk

along the way. As time passed, this man, “The Milkman”, faded into legend and hasn’t been heard of since."

INTRODUCING MILKMEN

Milkmen is a DLC-sized, quest-based mod that adds new outfits, weapons, adventures, and of course, all the milk you could possibly drink. Concepted as a successor to my Fallout: New Vegas mod, MILKMAN (that's with an "A" instead of an "E" :wink: ), MILKMEN has since evolved to be so much more. With over five planned main quests, a brand new companion, a story that goes beyond "my son's been kidnapped!", and a complete milk overhaul, MILKMEN will be the true next-generation milk experience that Fallout 4 deserves.

ABOUT THE MOD

Follow in the footsteps of "The Milkman" as you attempt to solve the mystery of why a band of raiders known only as the "Calfskins" have recently started terrorizing the Commonwealth. Drawing inspirations from American Folklore, westerns, and some of the best Fallout: New Vegas mods, MILKMEN's goal is to create a quest mod with an interesting and unique story. Instead of meeting cold-hearted assassins, you will converse with a woman who believes herself to be the God-appointed queen of Brahmin, or a Protectron that impersonates Johnny Appleseed. Instead of going on a quest to save the Commonwealth, you will be uncovering the inner turmoils of a man once thought pristine. As I stated, MILKMEN's goal is to create a unique quest mod with an equally unique story and set of characters.

HOW TO HELP

MILKMEN is as ambitious as it is zany. As such, I may require help for some things that are impossible for me to do myself. If you have any talent in 3D Modeling, Texturing, or Art Design and you're interested in working on this project, shoot me a PM! In addition, if you have any voice acting talent, feel free to send me some of your samples and I'll get back to you once I open voice acting for the mod. For reference purposes, and just so you know I'm not some overambitious dreamer with no experience whatsoever, previous (and current!) projects of mine include MILKMAN, FALLOUT: THE FRONTIER (main development team), BETTER AUTOMATRON WEAPONS, and LOCKSMITH.

PREVIEW IMAGES

UPDATE ALBUM #01

TUMBLR

TWITTER

YOUTUBE

Edited by Testudini

You are only the 3rd person to use the term 'DLC Sized' that I actually believe will pull it off.

My team and I are working on a smaller quest mod, I guess maybe it has reached about half the size you are talking about. Anyways, I would like to help you out if there is anything I am working on that could be of use to you. Sharing is caring, right?

I am a 3d modeler primarily, but basically have my hands in every part of the development of my mod... Though my music guy keeps making fun of my lackluster banjo playing abilities...

I think your style of modding and humor fits well with the style of stuff I write.

Anyways, I will pm you what my team is working on any you can tell me if there is anything I can assist you with.

• 1 month later...

Hello, everybody! It's been a long time since I last posted. This is due to a combination of being pretty bad sick the past month plus getting ready for college (only two more weeks!). However, I'm back in full force and I'd like to share a little of what I've been working on!

Here's an Imgur Album showcasing my recent work on MILKMEN.

Once again, sorry for the lack of communication these past few months! It's just a bit difficult to work on modding when your body's trying to kill you! :p

@Testudini, sorry to hear about your homicidal body. But your preview images look great, and I wish I was good enough to help out.

One question: the WIP view of the Brahmin Sword makes it look like there's a miniature (real) Brahmin skull on it. Is that a decorative piece, or are there real miniature Brahmin running around in the mod (with one head? WTF?).

Like what kind of 3d models, if anything simple I can probably squeeze them out between work and school?

At the moment, I'm set on models, so no worries! I'll let you know if anything changes, though! :)

@Testudini, sorry to hear about your homicidal body. But your preview images look great, and I wish I was good enough to help out.

One question: the WIP view of the Brahmin Sword makes it look like there's a miniature (real) Brahmin skull on it. Is that a decorative piece, or are there real miniature Brahmin running around in the mod (with one head? WTF?).

It's one of two skulls of a small Brahmin. There's not going to be any one-headed abominations running around! :P