A well-known issue: Vault doors not opening

Sprintfox

If you do this in the console "help DLC03DialogueV118 4" and then "sqv questid(number of the quest)", does it say Receptionist -> None?

It did for me, "Receptionist -> NONE". No dialogue after trying to open the door. After some digging, I found some nifty commands. Before opening the vault, run in console:

1. ClearQuestAliases questID
  2. SetQuestAliases questID
  3. Save and exit
  4. StartQuest questID

The vault should open when you hit the button. Carry on, detective.

Truth is, i've got the exact same problem here. In fact, in my case, your first two point was enough. Just when arriving in front of the button i looked if Receptionist was also wrong and it was. So i just inputed the first and second command , tried pushing the button all did go well. So really thanks mate for your workaround !!

• 1 month later...

If you do this in the console "help DLC03DialogueV118 4" and then "sqv questid(number of the quest)", does it say Receptionist -> None?

It did for me, "Receptionist -> NONE". No dialogue after trying to open the door. After some digging, I found some nifty commands. Before opening the vault, run in console:

3. Save and exit
  4. StartQuest questID

The vault should open when you hit the button. Carry on, detective.

This worked great for me, thanks so much for this info. With all my play-throughs, I've only had this quest work once for me, now twice! :-D

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this same bug. I think I caused it by trying to use the Vault 118 door before I ever got any quests to go there, I had cleared all the ghouls and never saw Pearl but I could HEAR her in the ceiling. After reading this forum then opening the CK, I tracked down the script trigger for the door opening. If you have RECEPTIONIST = None as talked about before use the commands to fix it.

Then what I did was get the script link to the quest stage for DLC_V118_Intro using SQS command. I was on stage 6 which is where you have gotten Pearl to lead you down to the vault door and tells you to use the console to talk to Max. This is where I was unable to use the vault console.

The fix is to open console and use SetStage DLC_V118_Intro 15

This triggers the dialog, opens the door and Pearl runs in. Now you can talk to Max and start Brain dead as normal.

• 4 months later...

After trying to fix the no-vault-doors-opening problem with the different .ini configs (I had just removed iFPSClamp), I got sick of waiting to clear out the enemies at the vault 88 entrance to verify that the .ini fix worked and stumbled upon another solution. If you attempt to use a vault door button while in combat, the animation is not triggered though the action seems to complete nonetheless. I don't want to test the solution extensively to confirm it was only combat solving this issue so if that doesn't work on it's own try removing the iFPSClamp setting as well. And a bunch of other random settings I tweaked. And install all the mods I installed. (attempts at QA have so fun for modders) I'll also say that it doesn't look like the iFPSClamp removal fixed anything for me on it's own. If combat isn't possible where you're at maybe spawn in mole rat or something to initiate combat and try pressing that damn vault door button before you smash that mole rat.

TL;DR
Press the vault door button while in combat to trigger the action without the animation.

• 2 years later...

To gain normal entry to vault 118 (stuck with Pearl not answering is...)

Use console to advance this problem... "Setstage dlc03_v118_ intro ???"

start with first stage and advance each stage till you get to 100, this activates the door animation and proceeds with the quest!

Took me forever to discover this.

Good Luck

Edited by randalllrrmiller