Nexus Mod support request for console

Syntensity

Kudos to you for doing this everyone involved.

This is how adults do things.

Well said.

Thank you so much, It really is and it gives everyone a chance to have a say in it. I personally think with all this going on it's good to show mutual respect towards eachother.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah, well, it wouldn't be perfect but it'd basically be community choices, things that are popular here, bethesda contacts the people and they talk about monetizing it for consoles or not, based on whether the thing is appropriate for consoles

already existing mods with a track record of being liked, etc
the reason it'd work I think is because nexus doesn't like crappy things too much
so it ties into bethesda's attractiveness for "new DLC" for console users, the ability for nexus mods' communities to remain intact
bethesda could do something like every 3-4 months
that sort of thing, and you could always talk to small edit mod makers and see if bethesda could upload those things, or give permission to those modders to upload the things, I know it's a bit controlling, and I'm worried about that bleeding over to PC, but the reason it works is because the PC variant is free and open outside of their control

basically, since bethesda.net is already an enclosed pasture system, why not give it the full advantages of one, while also acknowledging what it is
so you could have a smattering of small free mods, some paid mod DLC packages

but you see, it would be bethesda contacting the mod author directed, not "free for all anything goes"
IE: more limited, but better quality almost guaranteed, and you'd avoid the problems for hobbyist modders who want respect as artists getting their works stolen

bethesda could open up a small group of people who's job it is to trawl through small mods to ask to upload for free and packs of larger mods to ask for permission etc
and POSSIBLY, if better artists are uhh, trusted enough, for fresh new works, comissioned to do work for bethesda...
cause with adam adamowicz gone I suspect they're hurting for talent, which isn't trash talking them, but merely expressing an amazement at his sheer wall of talent (he died in 2011, I saw a thing mentioning him didn't know who he was checked the link to his artwork - oh my god.)
I think bethesda needs new artistic talent and worldsetting direction, I just get this insane feeling that fallout 4 was a derivative of prior stuff done by a master worldbuilder - it just *feels* that way
I mean that guy's work is just A+++++
and while I feel like they did good work with characterization and stuff, the worldbuilding aspect seems a little off in the awe inspiring and wondrously amazing department although its definitely interesting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Adamowicz

like no really I'm not trying to insult anyone I just think his work is that amazing, true art etc etc yadda yadda, corporatization destroys artistic communities, and stealing mods also destroys them
artists are temperamental I think... seems to be a common trait
protect the artistic community! it's like the goose that lays golden eggs
wait for it to do its thing and you get golden eggs as long as its alive, kill it and you get... goose meat, there is definitely something of value in the modding community here
fallout 3 concept art

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47857688@N08/sets/72157629320774861/

oblivion DLC concept art
https://www.flickr.com/photos/47857688@N08/sets/72157629321027031
skyrim concept art
https://www.flickr.com/photos/47857688@N08/sets/72157629321466509

in other words, respecting artists and their sometimes uniquely prima donna mentality, that are also known for quality can yield a megaton of amazing things that draw people to buy games :wink:
(your average console user won't even know what a prima donna is but I'm sure they'd consider a lot of mod authors to be one)
and in the end, the point is, the console experience is still more open than it was before
and IF a well known mod author wants to provide it for free on a console, then they can I'm sure, it's a bit of a privileging system but I think it's the safest way to keep the golden goose intact while still giving console plebs a taste of the good life

Edited by tartarsauce2

I feel TOO many things would be Favorited haha. Last i heard over 13k mods were on the Fallout 4 Nexus alone. Would the mods be "Free" or would the require a fee? A lot of mods I do use, I test for a bit, see if I like them and if not, uninstall. if i did like them, id be more inclined to pay for them or give a donation

I read the title as nexus mod manager support for consoles. Still an idea.

Dude, yes. A Mod Manager for Consoles would be AMAZING. So many people on there dont know JACK about load order. And when you download/update a mod on Bethesda.Net, it auto forces it to the bottom of the list. Forcing you to go into the load and change it manually every download or update.

I read the title as nexus mod manager support for consoles. Still an idea.

I'd love that idea, but I don't know where Bethesda would stand on something like that. Nevertheless it would be very promising for the nexusmods community and console users alike.