Need help with creation kit! Scrapping.

RngrHawk

Hello everyone!

So I just started fiddling around with the creation kit. I have a few mod ideas and I figured, as I have some free time now, I may be able to bring them to life. I have a problem right now though. I want to have a placeable item inside the workshop menu that can only be placed if I have the same item in my misc inventory, and then when scrapped, it gives me the item back. So lets say I want to place a Trash Can. I will need a Trash Can item in my inventory first, so that I can place it. Now, the problem I have is that, I cannot figure out how to get the Trash Can back into my inventory after I scrap it.

What I did so far:

Lets stick with the Trash Can example. There already was a workshop file for it, to get it working like I want it to though, I followed an example already in the game, CementBag, if anyone wants to check. I created another file, which was MiscItem, so that I can actually have it in my inventory. Then I created a component file. It was all going well, until I tested it. I can spawn the Trash Can, I can drop it, pick it up. When I go into the workshop, I can see that in order to place it, I require a Trash Can to be in my inventory. I place it, it consumes the Trash Can in my inv. But then, when I try to scrap it, nothing gets returned. It should give me the Trash Can back but I guess I did something wrong.

Any halp? Thanks for any responses in advance!

Just spam me with solutions if you can, I really wanna get to the bottom of this and carry on with the mod!

Have you tried Storing it in Workshop Mode instead of Scrapping? That should store it in the Workbench so you can take it back into your Inventory.

Scrappable items have a Scrap Recipe attached to them, which tells you what Components can be harvested from them. The item is "destroyed" and in return you get base-level Components (i.e. steel from the can and lid, screws and aluminum from the handles).

You would need to create a Scrap Recipe for the Trash Can (make a new Form List, drag and drop the Components you want it to give you out of the list of Components (co prefix) ) and either attach a Keyword or Script to it that handles all the other scrappable items (don't know which it is, haven't gotten that far into it myself).

Have you tried Storing it in Workshop Mode instead of Scrapping? That should store it in the Workbench so you can take it back into your Inventory.

Scrappable items have a Scrap Recipe attached to them, which tells you what Components can be harvested from them. The item is "destroyed" and in return you get base-level Components (i.e. steel from the can and lid, screws and aluminum from the handles).

You would need to create a Scrap Recipe for the Trash Can (make a new Form List, drag and drop the Components you want it to give you out of the list of Components (co prefix) ) and either attach a Keyword or Script to it that handles all the other scrappable items (don't know which it is, haven't gotten that far into it myself).

Hey, I have been trying to figure out all the exact steps for a while today. So I have these types of files at the moment:

Workshop Item

Component Item

Misc Item

Formlist

The Workshop Item file has a Recipe Filter list and a Required Items List.

The Component Item file has the usual, ID, Name but it also has the Scrap Item drop down menu.

The Misc Item is just like any other Misc component item, weight, name etc. but it also has Papyrus Script list, Keywords list and a Component Data list.

The Formlist I just created.

Now, the Workshop Item file has a WorkshopRecipeFilterDecor02WallDecorations03Misc keyword listed in the Recipe Filter. The Required Items List has the component which I changed to the Misc Item so that it consumes one from my inv as I place it instead of lets say c_Steel.

The Component Item file also has the Misc Item chosen from the Scrap Item drop down menu.

In the Misc Item file, in the Component Data list, I also added the component file.

The Formlist, I added two things to it. The Misc Item and the keyword that is listed in the Workshop Item file.

I guess I messed something up to do with the formlist again. Sorry to ask for so much help, but as you can see I'm still a massive noob at this :D Can u help me out understanding the Formlist a bit more?

Edited by marekto98

I just realized, and I might be completely stupid here, is that whenever I scrap something, I get 1/3 to 1/2 of the components I made it with inside the game. Then I tested the Trash Can as well. I made it so that with 10 Misc Trash Cans, I can place a Trash Can in my settlement. Turns out, I get 50% of the used components. So I would guess that somewhere, instead of giving a specific amount of components you get for scrapping, there is a percentage set for scrapping?