How to make custom NPC offer services ONLY AFTER completing associated quest?

woofy78

G'day Everyone,

I am in the midst of making my first little quest. I've made an NPC who needs help - he asks you to retrieve his armour and weapons from some high-level bandits. I am able to successfully complete this quest. The NPC himself works fine. He's completely vanilla so won't bugger up any other mods. It's just that I don't know how to prevent him from offering follower services before the quest... I'd like to know how to have him offer to follow you only after you've completed the quest to help him, not before (as that wouldn't make much sense). Farkas and Vilkas only offer to follow you after you have completed the quest to kill their wolf spirits - I've tried to figure out how that was made possible but I just don't get it.

If anyone could please shed some light, I'd be most grateful! :)

Have you tried setting a dialogue condition for their services to only appear when their help quest hits a certain stage?

For instance, the Help Quest is completed and sets the quest stage to 200. Services dialogue is conditioned to only appear when Quest Stage of Help Quest is 200.