Become a Bard Mod could be a really great mod if tweaked a bit more

generalyeung

bard overhaul  

2 members have voted

1. 1. good idea?

Become a Bard mod that is currently out there shows promise, but it would be nice to become a bard and have some sort of combat abilities as one. As of now, Become a Bard is not only hidden to the nexus website, but is also only available as a mod where being a bard only serves as a musician that gets 50 gold per performance. The ideal outcome of what I am trying to picture of this Bard Overhaul is to have myself or my follower to play an instrument during battle and buffing us.

I am trying to keep this as vague as possible because I do not know the limitations of modding this if a kind soul were to take up this task at all.

Become a Bard already has implemented its own bard perk skill tree, this could also be adopted for the overhaul that I am discussing about. There can also be modified instruments to where they can be enchanted at an enchanter.

Melee attacks with the instrument are optional and I do not think it matters, but if someone were to add for example, the animations and textures necessary for a lute as a melee two-handed weapon, it could be good, but not too practical.

There are already spells that buff defense and offense in Skyrim, by playing the instrument as a bard for a few seconds or for the entire duration of the battle, one could have those buffs affect the entirety of the team of followers and player.

Of course, there is also the fact that the bard has to play the instrument in battle, and the animations for that might also have to be added to the game in order for the bard to move and play at the same time. I believe that this will be the hardest thing to implement.

There can also be different songs for each instrument.

Depending on the instrument, there can also be different effects for each. But this is the least necessary thing in my opinion.