Mechanist Lair problem

BillHoff

I can't get into the lair. I interact with the strange device, but Ada doesn't open it. I can talk to her, but I can't tell her to open the door. I played this through in an ealier game on a machine that has crashed and been replaced since then, so I know it can be done.Ada does have the M-Sat installed.

My current machine has a lot more horsepower than the old one did, so I'm using more mods than I did before. Maybe one of them is interfering with this.

Anybody else have this happen? Or know a way around it?

To qu0te Jim Kirk (Stear Star Trek) Doeble Dumb ass on me. went back to Sanctuary and checked ADA in the robot workshop. She had the radar thingy instead of the M-Sat.

No Answer needed to this,Ii's a rehororical questiion. Double DumAss

• 8 months later...

If you use a multiple companion mod you may run into the problem that a robot with an installed M-SAT (like Ada) won't open the Access Port doors in the Mechanist's Lair. This is because the door opening script calls the wrong companion to do the blue beam animation. Curie and Piper have been reported to open the doors even when the module was installed on Ada. If the other companion aren't near the access port it looks like nothing happens. This is especially confusing after the moving platform since you intuitively bring only your M-SAT robot with you while the rest are temporarily left behind. Bring all your active companions there before ordering the robot to use the Access Port.

If you use a multiple companion mod you may run into the problem that a robot with an installed M-SAT (like Ada) won't open the Access Port doors in the Mechanist's Lair. This is because the door opening script calls the wrong companion to do the blue beam animation. Curie and Piper have been reported to open the doors even when the module was installed on Ada. If the other companion aren't near the access port it looks like nothing happens. This is especially confusing after the moving platform since you intuitively bring only your M-SAT robot with you while the rest are temporarily left behind. Bring all your active companions there before ordering the robot to use the Access Port.

Not quite ... The script calls the "First" companion recruited to the doorway, regardless of whether it is Ada or Piper or any other companion. As long as the device is installed in a robot that is a current companion, it will work. Companions can get stuck in several areas in the Mechanists Lair, but of course they will eventually use the patented "Bugthesda Magical NPC Teleporter" to get to the right spot ... Eventually.

• 2 months later...

This worked for me, as I had multiple companions, Piper had access even though Ada had the M-SAT

• 1 month later...