Request: Detective Agency Cases

Redfin72

This needs to happen, the gilded grasshopper was an awesome side quest and shows you modders exactly the kind of fun you could have with this.

Additionally, I think this mod makes lots of sense seeing as how far harbor's premise draws quite close to Valentine and the Agency

Does it show I'm running a detective build at the moment?

Additionally the triggermen and Skinny along with Nick's companion quests were of the higher quality for the game, and have created an appetite for

more!! The only problem is this is going to need some talented voice actors that would be interested in Noir-style roles. I'm not all that professional but I've

in writing and could put my bit in for designing some story.. but yeah quite new to all this, would be totally happy for the pros to take care of this

either way, I feel a great many would benefit from this mod.. in the sense that among many builds is the desire to investigate, to explore and stick our noses

where they don't belong

let's scratch that itch.

Edited by Redfin72

I think taking on detective cases is a great way to keep wandering through the commonwealth. It also give modders a chance to use some of the boarded up buildings or houses that are scattered throughout the landscape. The case that took us to Far Harbor was fun as well so I'll second this request.

• 1 year later...

I completely agree, although I definitely don't know much about modding, I am sure that modders could do a lot of things if they do it wisely. I am also quite interested in being more of a detective in my game, than just having those three cases (including far harbor, by the way) I personally think it would be great if someone made at least 10 or 5 good new detective quests.

I agree that this would be fun. Fun to play and fun to make but, hard to make as well.
Sadly I don't have the time to spare.
Perhaps if we collected some interesting locations and posted them here it would make the creation of this MOD that much easier for the person who takes this on.
Like screenshots of the place and map and your inspiration for choosing that location.

Should Valentine's assistant assign you the quests after completion of one or should the player be able to activate a terminal or filing cabinet to gain access/start the next quest?

• 3 weeks later...

A good way to prepare for that, is to play L.A. Noire if you are looking for ideas. I only say that because I've been watching a bunch of the case files on YouTube. Also, Detective Herschel is also voiced by the guy who voices Joshua Graham in New Vegas and Wiseman/Bradburton/others in Fallout 4. FYI friends.