Possible Issues With a Sanctuary Mod

SilverAbbott

Uh, hey, no. I won't take credit for that mod. I just used it. I made a similar mod for Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but haven't ported yet (due to scrapping concerns, and file format changes). Clean Deluxe was a nice mod. Really cleaned up the wasteland. Used alongside a tree replacement mod, it really made you feel that the world had 200 years to grow and change... the paper and junk strewn around made it look like the bombs dropped last Tuesday!

But the method I used to make that mod? It would kill Fallout 4. Seriously kill it. Because it would be editing every cell in the game, without exception, and would steal quite a bit of usable resources for you. Sure, your frame rate would be a bit higher, and I might make it, but there would be a big ol warning on the front of the package saying USE WITH NEW GAME! NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SCRAPPING MODS, OR REALLY ANYTHING WHICH ADDS ANYTHING TO THE GAME THAT ISN'T RANDOMIZED OR IN A BOX!

And that doesn't sound all that fun, and I doubt it would really be all that popular with a warning like that. And let's be honest... I'd still get 10 people a day telling me that my mod broke their game somehow, sigh...

---

Now that's out of the way. I don't know if it's a good idea to use Scrap Everything, even if available on Console, to fix these problems. That mod is nice for cleaning up, but it causes more problems than it's worth sometimes. I've actually had to restart my game (for the day) because I scrapped an entire house accidentally. Or I scrapped the foundation of a house out from underneath me while trying to pick up leaves, everything else floating around me, and I can't put the foundation back. Or scraped a road and now the ground looks glitchy underneath.

Yeah, I don't recommend it, actually. When that mod says everything, it freaking means EVERYTHING.

And, installing it properly would mean overriding your other Sanctuary mod, and they won't be compatible, in the sense that they'll be editing the same cell and you will get another Cell Reset... only this time it'll be all of your settlements. Only use mods like that on new games.

Edited by Jeoshua